Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 09:12 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,679,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
It's all about demographics, not the source of the population influx. This is a good reason why there's a Costco in Prescott and not in Flagstaff. There aren't enough old rich white people on Flagstaff to support one.

Also, many of the CA license plates you see in Flagstaff belong to out of state NAU students, too, they're not necessarily people who have moved here.

Having lived in SFO I would concur about Peet's vs. Starbucks.

RM
Then explain why there are no Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti, Audi or Lexus auto dealers in Prescott?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 12:01 PM

5,984 posts, read 7,458,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Then explain why there are no Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti, Audi or Lexus auto dealers in Prescott?
Proximity to Phoenix as well as much of that local demographic driving domestic brands. The locals aren't buying European cars, they're driving bro-dozers made in Detroit.

RM

Old 10-27-2022, 04:32 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,679,853 times
bro-dozers are trash vehicles. Import all the way.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
bro-dozers are trash vehicles. Import all the way.
True, but they're expensive and eye-catching for those who want to flaunt their money, indebtedness, or stupidity. Sort of like the soccer Mom Range Rovers with brush guards...

Only thing like that you see with any frequency in Flagstaff are the rancher's work trucks.

RM

Old 04-20-2023, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 4,465 times
I remember "Flag" back in the collateral '80s when I came through and stopped by a motel and chatted with the owner who informed me of a "big storm" that was on the road and that I should "hole-up" until it passed. I told him I would, but I couldn't afford an unexpected motel stay. He then, without hesitation, said that I could stay anyway and gave me a free room for the night. God Bless that man. We could use a lot more like him.

Old 04-22-2023, 12:10 AM

374 posts, read 266,668 times
Always enjoyed my visits to the Flagstaff-Sedona area. I'm sure it's changed there, but what place hasn't changed? You either roll with it or get left behind, in the end. Very scenic area, no doubt. Great place for the outdoors.

Old 10-21-2023, 10:38 PM

173 posts, read 111,721 times
Find out where OP stays when in town and put a Whole Foods there...

Old 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM

Been a Whole Paycheck in Flagstaff for some time.

Going back and looking at the OP's post, it's actually pretty much spot-on for things even today. Very expensive place to live, salaries don't reflect any sort of alignment with the cost of living, and traffic continues to be a major league PITA on Milton.

But - all that said, it is a glorious place to live. Glad they crossed it off their list, that one less person to add to the crowd.

RM

Old 10-25-2023, 10:35 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,201,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Been a Whole Paycheck in Flagstaff for some time.

Going back and looking at the OP's post, it's actually pretty much spot-on for things even today. Very expensive place to live, salaries don't reflect any sort of alignment with the cost of living, and traffic continues to be a major league PITA on Milton.

But - all that said, it is a glorious place to live. Glad they crossed it off their list, that one less person to add to the crowd.

RM
Heh, no worries, we don't even vacation up there any more due to the ridiculous traffic on I-17. There was a time when the kids were considering going to NAU the past couple of years and we looked at possibly moving up regardless of the changes. Glad they decided NAU didn't have the majors they wanted (oldest opted for ASU and the youngest is probably looking at CSU in Colorado when she graduates).

Guess I just miss when it was a nice weekend getaway, my wife grew up there and we always enjoyed it. Her side moved to Payson so we get to deal with THAT traffic instead. Still miss Beaver Street Brewery though.

And no, Whole Foods would not help, we don't shop there.

Old 11-04-2023, 06:45 PM

2,567 posts, read 2,237,434 times
I'm curious to see the traffic around the new In-And-Out burger when it finally opens. Wonder if it'll put pressure on the nearby Five Guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona