Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,103 times

Advertisements

Here's one of the pictures:

Sedona-301_small.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Here's one of the pictures:

Attachment 65693
Can't REP you right now, but have to say: "Very Nice!".

Ken

Old 07-22-2010, 11:11 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Can't REP you right now, but have to say: "Very Nice!".

Ken
I agree, very nice!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:36 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
I agree poolgirl, I can get to any trail I want to in Sedona and know of no forest area that has been closed off by gated communitites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
Kdog, now I usually agree with you but on this one what you are saying is absolutely not true. Yes we have some gated communities here but I can't think of a single trail that you can't reach because of them. There are dozens of trails accessable within the city limits and many more outside of it's limits.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I agree poolgirl, I can get to any trail I want to in Sedona and know of no forest area that has been closed off by gated communitites.
Don't know who was talking about forest areas, I sure wasn't.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Don't know who was talking about forest areas, I sure wasn't.
pool and adventure and saying no public lands (National Forest lands) have been shut off because of private gated developments....but, kdog, I'm sure there are some spots on private land that would make the perfect shot for you....can't help you there unless you want to go hike

Old 07-22-2010, 04:28 PM

I've driven 10 or 20 miles at a time on back roads around Sedona admiring the Red Rock Cliffs. And yet there's no way to get there. My observation is that most of the red rocks areas are inaccessible. Now maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I'm wrong. But I've spent a lot of time exploring the back roads looking for ways to get back there. Eventually all the roads end up dead-ending into gated communities. Sure, there are lots of hiking trails, and several parks you can go to. But it's a huge area, and most of the red rocks have big housing communities butted up against them. There are many, many exclusive communities in the hills of Sedona.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM

3,608 posts, read 7,922,824 times
Default Getting up there

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I've driven 10 or 20 miles at a time on back roads around Sedona admiring the Red Rock Cliffs. And yet there's no way to get there. My observation is that most of the red rocks areas are inaccessible. Now maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I'm wrong. But I've spent a lot of time exploring the back roads looking for ways to get back there. Eventually all the roads end up dead-ending into gated communities. Sure, there are lots of hiking trails, and several parks you can go to. But it's a huge area, and most of the red rocks have big housing communities butted up against them. There are many, many exclusive communities in the hills of Sedona.
It's a NATURAL AREA. And although there remain some roads for high clearance vehicles, the BLM is in the process of putting more restrictions on off-road travel. And this is something I heartily endorse. I call it preserving the natural heritage for our descendents.

If you want to experience the natural world, get out of the car. Don't whine about how you can't drive there.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
It's a NATURAL AREA. And although there remain some roads for high clearance vehicles, the BLM is in the process of putting more restrictions on off-road travel. And this is something I heartily endorse. I call it preserving the natural heritage for our descendents.

If you want to experience the natural world, get out of the car. Don't whine about how you can't drive there.
You must never have been to Sedona. I would hardly call building housing developments that back right up against the red rocks "preserving the natural heritage for our descendents".

Last edited by kdog; 07-23-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona