Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 PM

196 posts, read 564,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
She doesn't, because as a Russian/Ukrainian woman I will forgive her just on basis that she doesn't know what she is talking about.
And as a Russian woman myself I won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Aw man, this thread is hilarious. Well, it started out innocent enough then went downhill with the ridiculous hooker remark.

My wife is Russian and its like a running joke we have whenever we go out. I told her that I can spot other Russian women based on their "uniform" - high heels, designer jeans, Prada or Gucci sunglasses etc. It 100% has to do with personal style which is why they always seam to wear the heels. I even tell my wife (who doesnt look like your typical Russian woman) that she fits the profile - Always in heels, wearing sexy jeans and pushing the Bugaboo stroller around the mall/neighborhood. She says that she just feels more comfortable wearing heels/pumps than tennis shoes because its what she's always wore. She does have flip flops (however designer flip flops) that she wears sometimes as well. She thinks that tennis shoes should be worn ONLY when exercising and/or playing sports.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
It seems you don't understand the topic well. Heels are equally popular among both say the Bentley owners and the Ford owners. No matter how rich or poor they are.
And to add to that, the concentration of filthy rich people in Moscow probably trumps most other major cities in the world. And they didn't have to earn their money on their backs.

Moscow's wealthy elite push the boat out : Europe

--For the city's wealthy elite, a Bentley, a top-of-the-range BMW or a Hummer is yesterday's fashion toy, and a boat is now the latest must-have accessory.

Townhouse Sells for $99 Million in Moscow - The Wealth Report - WSJ

--If a piece of real estate sells for more than $30 million these days, the buyer is probably an ARB: “Anonymous Russian Billionaire.”

Why on earth insult Russian women for the fact that they like to dress nice? There is a reason more and more American men are specifically pursuing Eastern European women - and it isn't because these women are in the business. If that's what American men were after they could find that at their local watering hole in spades. These men are looking for marriage material because the women have a reputation of taking care of themselves and their man (as well as their children).

And FWIW, I have certain pairs of heels that feel like I'm walking on clouds - the ones I'm wearing in my profile pic for instance.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
I love heels and boots! Please please ladies and gents don't call woman that wear heels hookers. That is so cruel and just not true...for some reason woman just love to do that to other woman it is not necessary.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Aw man, this thread is hilarious. Well, it started out innocent enough then went downhill with the ridiculous hooker remark.

My wife is Russian and its like a running joke we have whenever we go out. I told her that I can spot other Russian women based on their "uniform" - high heels, designer jeans, Prada or Gucci sunglasses etc. It 100% has to do with personal style which is why they always seam to wear the heels. I even tell my wife (who doesnt look like your typical Russian woman) that she fits the profile - Always in heels, wearing sexy jeans and pushing the Bugaboo stroller around the mall/neighborhood. She says that she just feels more comfortable wearing heels/pumps than tennis shoes because its what she's always wore. She does have flip flops (however designer flip flops) that she wears sometimes as well. She thinks that tennis shoes should be worn ONLY when exercising and/or playing sports.
I have to say I agree with your wife on that.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
I walk 2-3 miles a day on hilly city streets just for a commute. I'd *love* to see one of these men suggesting that women should wear heels about their daily business try that.

I like my ankles and feet. If we were meant to wear heels, our feet wouldn't be shaped the way they are.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Ahhh...memories of Vika.

She didn't always wear high heels and she was from Moskva

Old 04-24-2010, 02:19 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
every time a dude says "all women should wear heels" is to get him a pair and have him walk in them for a half mile, and then stand on a hard floor for a few hours.
Women don't have to wear heels but I always thought that most women wear heels for themselves because women love to look beautiful. You know women wear dresses and heels to look elegant and feminine. All these arguments like 'men don't wear heels so why we women should?' look weird and way too feministic.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And to add to that, the concentration of filthy rich people in Moscow probably trumps most other major cities in the world. And they didn't have to earn their money on their backs.
Well, I have to say Moscow is the only very rich Russian city (anyway NYC is richer no doubt), so the most part of Russia is way more poorer than the United States when it comes to wages. Further, it sucks that some clothes Americans buy for 20 us dollars are sold in Moscow for say 150 us dollars. For example the freaking Levi's jeans are sold for 100-200 us dollars in Moscow stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And FWIW, I have certain pairs of heels that feel like I'm walking on clouds - the ones I'm wearing in my profile pic for instance.
Unfortunately, I can't see your profile pic. Lol

Old 04-24-2010, 02:59 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I used to wear heels. Tall ones. And I'm 6' tall barefoot.

Of course, when my doctor told me my ankles were becoming deformed due to an unnatural arch in my left foot probably caused by my 4"+ tall heels, I stopped wearing them.

Kudos to the women who can still wear them! I wish I could...
U're better off without them .. at that height i believe u're just fine and dont need high heels .. good living lifestyles are better and that adds up to your personality .. which is cool .. makes u look more hotter and likeable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty