Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

My son is 17, and he's been a sharp dresser all on his own, since he was about 12. We took a cruise when he was 11, and was completely enthralled with formal nights in the dining room. Ever since then, he's a GQ cover most of the time. And for what it's worth, his buddies think he's the cat's meow and they now all try to outdo each other. And believe you me, the young ladies LOVE it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
just did it and went dancing too.
btw i shave and dance well.
many women do not go for the dance and tie thing.
they were not there.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they were not there.
Good for you Huck. I'm betting you kept the ladies busy.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Because t-shirts, polo shirts and jeans makes men feel and look young, even as their bodies age and begin to fall apart.
I'm in better shape now at 40 than I was as a teenager.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
T-shirts are more comfortable.

You'll never see me working somewhere that requires a suit.

I wear t-shirts (usually with some fun print on it) and usually suit pants (comfy) or cargo shorts in the summer. DC shoes cause they're comfy too.

I spend all of ...no minutes to figure out how to look in the morning, I shower so I'm clean and that's it.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:38 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
they were not there.
Women I know, including myself, LOVE "the dance and tie thing". I even like a good-smelling (cologne or body oil) man; that's a bonus.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My son is 17, and he's been a sharp dresser all on his own, since he was about 12. We took a cruise when he was 11, and was completely enthralled with formal nights in the dining room. Ever since then, he's a GQ cover most of the time. And for what it's worth, his buddies think he's the cat's meow and they now all try to outdo each other. And believe you me, the young ladies LOVE it.
I wish more men were like your son. They don't have to be GQ (especially during a recession ), but - please - dress decently. Look like you care (even if you don't). The grooming effort will pay off.

Me? I didn't feel well this a.m., but pushed myself to go to the corner store. I did the usual grooming thing (soap and water , makeup, decent clothes, jewelry, etc., and even wore mid-heel pumps.) Still don't feel well (yet), but I'm glad to have made the effort. It's habit-forming, and good grooming should be a habit. You never know who you'll see, maybe someone who could "rock your world".

Guys don't have to wear a suit and tie to dress up today, but they can look good in casual things (as others said). No more "pants to the ground".

Old 04-10-2010, 09:38 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe it's different there, but in Oz alot of guys seem like they dress really casually/don't take much effort compared to women. In past eras this hasn't been the case, with men taking as much effort as women. But it seems for the past decade or more they've been wearing t-shirts, oversized 'shorts', jeans and not much else. Polo shirts are considered 'dressing up.' Excluding that percentage who are fashionable. Why is this the case? Has male attractiveness kind of been devalued? Is it kind of taboo for men to show off their body as well?
If it got more chicks I guess it would be ok. Most men like to blend in. Women like to standout it seems.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
They have a lower crown and a longer bill and the adjustment strap will have a little buckle rather than studs and holes.
a polo cap

Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, the point is you can't judge a book by its cover. Clothes do NOT make the man. What's inside is there, no matter how it is covered.
Image is everything.

I understand how you feel, but image matters in a soceity where no one has the time to actually get to know someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty