Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:12 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times

Advertisements

Something around the $30-$100 price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 PM

914 posts, read 1,807,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Something around the $30-$100 price range.

Honestly, I just use the Crest Pre-Rinse Mouthwash, and my teeth are fine. It's only about 4 bucks a bottle. I smoke illegal substances , and my teeth aren't bad at all. I think my pictures are public. See for yourself.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
I personally think that all teeth whiteners are bad for you. They usually eat away at your dentin in time causing your teeth to become transparent. I stick with colgate total for an overall healthy smile. I try to stay away from cola's, coffee, etc. Things that will stain your teeth. If your looking to impress people with your smile right now, go ahead and use whiteners. If your looking to keep your teeth as strong and non transparent while retaining as much dentin as you can for the long run, then stay away from whiteners.

Sure your teeth won't be perfectly white for your date next date or photo op, but trust me, they'll be better off and less transparent in the long run..

I shudder why so many young kids use whiteners. At fifteen and sixteen your teeth if you are properly taking care of them should already be white. It's ok if your teeth are not as white as porcelin. Their not meant to be..

Old 03-20-2010, 12:26 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Get your teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months. Floss and brush at least 2x a day. I like crest night effects for major whitening. It tastes really good too. Day I like seasalt water rinse + crest health effects.I read that it takes 30 minutes for stains to "stain" the teeth so if you are eating staining foods/drinks take sips of water between to rinse it clean. It does make a difference.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:35 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
Rinse with peroxide every day. Much cheaper and just as effective, although not immediate. Use baking soda to brush.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 PM

250 posts, read 911,224 times
get a professional cleaning every 6 months. I also have the teeth whitening trays 10 yrs ago and use the peroxide gel 20%. I occasionally use whitestrips (crest) now the advanced sticky ones that stick really good and it's also called "professional effects'. They cost $49.99 at target. Have to say--much better than using the gel from the dentist office. WAY whiter. I use them once a day for about 5 days and then lay off for a month or two. I haven't needed to use the entire strip package all at once--I think just a few get rid of stains and make the teeth pretty brightened and whiter that the entire package may make them look too fake!

I would recommend them though!!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
I LOVE Crest Whitestrips...not the really expensive ones, but the $19 dollar kind! My teeth have lightened up about 4 shades...so much that my dentist marvels!!!!

You don't want to use any of the whiteners non-stop...after the initial whitening, you only need to do it once in a while....or you can harm your enamel!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:54 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I LOVE Crest Whitestrips...not the really expensive ones, but the $19 dollar kind! My teeth have lightened up about 4 shades...so much that my dentist marvels!!!!

You don't want to use any of the whiteners non-stop...after the initial whitening, you only need to do it once in a while....or you can harm your enamel!

Which whiteners?

the whitening toothpaste? or those $30-$100 whitening trays/strips?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:33 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Rinse with peroxide every day. Much cheaper and just as effective, although not immediate. Use baking soda to brush.
Has anyone heard of negative effects of this? (such as dentin, that was mentioned) I've tried it a couple of times and although it worked a little immediately, i think my teeth got stained quicker (from coffee 2x a day). thanks

Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
I used Crest White strips, they worked great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty