Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,390,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Has anyone heard of negative effects of this? (such as dentin, that was mentioned) I've tried it a couple of times and although it worked a little immediately, i think my teeth got stained quicker (from coffee 2x a day). thanks
After whitening teeth are dehydrated (makes it look whiter) and more porous. My brother's GF had sensitive teeth after crest whitestrips but I think she had really unhealthy teeth. Her molars all have/had fillings before 25. I asked my dentist about the etc extra stuff and he told me to avoid it and tooth brushing was healthier for the teeth. He said all bleaching takes away from the enamel. I personally only got red gums & slightly sensitive after a high concentration gel. ( i think it was plus white? )

One gel kit I got had these too:
Recommended Remineralizing Gel for after Bleaching (Set of 4 Tubes) | Overstock.com

p.s. now I just use the toothpastes already mentioned. This high concentration stuff is like a spring cleaning. My teeth have not needed it for a couple years now.

The re-mineralization gel helped with the sensitive tooth issues.

I actually got a kit like this:
Complete 35-percent Teeth Whitening Kits (Pack of 2) | Overstock.com

But my kit was 30% carbamide peroxide. That stuff REALLY worked. The other at home stuff is usually only 10%. I never tried that brand in particular but its exactly like what I tried. I was drinking at least a pot of coffee and smoked ciggs so you know it had a challenge! LOL! The kit I got said to never use those high concentrations without re-mineralization gel.

I think crest white strips:

"Crest has three different strengths of bleaching products: Supreme (14% peroxide), "Premium (10% peroxide), and "Professional" (6.5% peroxide)."

Amazon.com: Crest Whitestrips Professional Strength Supreme: Health & Personal Care

p.s. The high concentration stuff was like a spring cleaning. I only use the pastes mentioned now. I have not needed that intense of a whitening for a couple years. (also quitting smoking probably had something to do with not needing it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty