Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,253,495 times

Advertisements

What kind of jewelry do you like? Right now I am into vintage glass jewelry. Recently I've bought a lot of pieces on Etsy. I can wear a different pair of dangly glass earrings every day. They coordinate with my outfits and sparkle in the light. I also found pretty vintage glass necklaces, too.

Kate Earrings Vintage Swarovski Emerald Green by laralewis on Etsy

These get lots of compliments.

Sometimes I go through periods where I wear the same thing every day. Gold hoop earrings, diamond pendant necklace. Since I dropped a few pounds and find myself opting for more sparkles instead. Yesterday I wore my string of pearls and pearl studs and felt absolutely dowdy.

What's your jewelry style? Do you wear something different every day, or the same nice piece every day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,132 times
I've always liked the selections at 1928 Jewelry Store, Vintage Bridal, Costume & Fashion Jewelry.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,253,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I like their pieces, too.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
I don't wear much jewelry, usually just a pair of pretty dangly earrings to dress up an outfit. I might wear some bangles or this cool brass cuff my in-laws brought me from Africa, but that's about it. I rarely wear necklaces, but I do think they look cute.

I make jewelry too, so I can easily put together some crystal drop earrings or a bracelet if I want something new. I have about 20 different stones in different sizes (sodalite, rose quartz, adventurine, etc) and at least that many colors of Swarovski crystals. I like the natural look.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:40 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't wear much jewelry. [...] I rarely wear necklaces, but I do think they look cute.
Same. I have a couple of things to use for formal occasions, etc but daily I just use earrings, and my ring and band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I make jewelry too, so I can easily put together some crystal drop earrings or a bracelet if I want something new. I have about 20 different stones in different sizes (sodalite, rose quartz, adventurine, etc) and at least that many colors of Swarovski crystals. I like the natural look.
cool!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
I love charm bracelets, always have, but now I'm just really into different fun pieces and vintage ones as well. Spend a lot of time looking on ebay and etsy!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:43 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,612 times
I love turquoise jewelry. Me, being 1/4 Cherokee, is a tradition. My father and grandma wore lots of turquoise too, when they were alive.

But I love a lot of cheap type jewelry. Stuff you can wear when going out to the club or bar. Or to the beach. Cheap bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.

Nothing expensive. Just cheap stuff that you can wear anywhere. I love them.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
I wear the same pieces every day: e-ring, diamond wedding band, 3-stone ring (sapphire & diamonds), watch, diamond RB studs or large diamond hoops

Most of the time I wear those same pieces when going out to dinner or a casual event. (I have a pearl set that I sometimes wear.)

I have no shortage of costume jewelry for special occasions. My favorite pieces (which I used to collect) are from the Daniel Swarovski collection (most mesh pieces.)

Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,391,872 times
I dont do jewelery, but I have a heart locket (empty) thats about 6 years old and it never comes off...unless its time to replace the chain. Occaisionally I'll wear a mothers ring that my daughter gave me or some earrings, but thats about it.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:08 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,256,290 times
Always on: Simple silver hoops
Fav One: steel mesh woven cuff bracelet my gram gave me. They made these bracelets in a steel factory in the area where she lived and she gave it to me as one of those "special" from gram presents. Everyone loves it and I have not seen anything like it anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty