Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
I love the way Noxzema smells!
Me too. I love that tingly feeling too, when I put it on. Then I know it's going in my pores like it should and cleaning them out. I love that tingly sensation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:19 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
I love Wet n' Wild nail polishes too.
Another cheap makeup brand ($1, can't beat that) is E.L.F. Their stuff is surprisingly not bad for only being a $1. They have different lines that cost a little more but still super cheap.

My new obsession is Hard Candy makeup. If you're a fan of Urban Decay, this is very similar but much more affordable. I believe they're sister companies.

It's getting harder to find good, cheap products since I've decided to only use cruelty-free beauty products.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Not really because you only have to use a dot per eye. Plus its not toxic and does not add to age like make-up removers can due to chemical content. And it allows me not to have to buy heavy eyecream because it does not dry the area out.The face lotion I use is good enough. The olive oil also has natural anti-age properties.

also on mineral oil:
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ing...ngred06=703977
I've been using baby oil as my eye make-up forever, but I LOVE the olive oil idea. I'm going to try this tonight when I get home from work.

I've also heard olive oil makes a wonderful treatment for the hair, but I've never tried that either.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,547 times
Mix sugar with some lemon juice and scrub your hands with it; you won't believe how smooth they feel! Heard that on Dr. Oz.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
a little bit of vaseline, and sugar mixed together as a lip scrub/exfoliant.

aspirin as an exfoliant (if I'm out of my usual scrub), or a spot treatment for acne.

tooth paste as a spot treatment for acne.

olive oil for lash conditioning (carefully!)

conditioner for shaving (actually works better than shaving cream, for me/imo)

oatmeal for a body/facial scrub (I have occasional psoriasis on my legs, so it helps with that, too!)

Old 05-01-2021, 09:04 AM

554 posts, read 345,700 times
I really like Aveeno moisturizing lotion, a little goes a long way moisturizes well, not sticky.

I've been buying unscented wipes for sensitive skin, they're really great to quickly fresh up.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:38 PM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
OP, I really like this thread! Good topic.

I'm a big fan of baby oil, use right after shower having water beads on your body helps spread the oil all over your body especially on your back, and of course, legs (after shaving/winter problems)

Almond oil - smells nicer than baby oil and wonderfully.

Last, but not least, my Dermontologist recommends using vaseline instead of baby or almond oils.

Mango (scrape the fiber hairy texture + pulp from seed) and coconut oil mix together to the perfect consistency to
make a paste-like texture for the face. Leave on for an hour or however long you can. Refrigerate (ziplock bag)
any unused formula. This makes face feel super good afterward. Mango fruit is an excellent vitamin source.

Brush baking soda once/twice a week to prevent off-colored pearly shades.

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-01-2021 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Added more :)

Old 05-09-2021, 07:09 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Someone gave me a HUGE bottle of Almond Oil. Not only is it healthy to consume, it's great for use on the face. I use it to take off mascara & other makeup. It's a lightweight, not sticky, oil.

I make my own face mask using Indian clay, mixed with a pinch of Vitamin C powder, and a bit of face lotion or oil.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:15 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Someone gave me a HUGE bottle of Almond Oil. Not only is it healthy to consume, it's great for use on the face. I use it to take off mascara & other makeup. It's a lightweight, not sticky, oil.

I make my own face mask using Indian clay, mixed with a pinch of Vitamin C powder, and a bit of face lotion or oil.
If you don't mind my asking, do you buy this product online?

Old 05-11-2021, 08:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the lactic acid in plain yogurt makes it a great facial exfoliant. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse with tepid water. It definitely helps.

And, like 2goldens, I also use a mixture of toothpaste, baking soda, and a few drops of mild hydrogen peroxide as a teeth whitener.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 05-11-2021 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty