Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 PM

43 posts, read 114,249 times

Advertisements

Hi Suemandy,
As a fellow acne sufferer and someone that has spent a lifetime trying to find the right products to soothe the skin, shrink pores, heal blemishes, hide the scars, etc.. I completely feel for you. It is embarrassing, you feel as though all anybody is doing is inspecting your face or thinking to themselves "man I am so glad I dont have her skin". Even though alot of people probably don't do that, I feel as though that is what they are doign. You become totally aware of ever flaw on your face, you try to figure out new ways to do your hair so it covers up things you dont want seen. It flat out sucks. Now you mentioned that you used mineral makeup and it didn't work for you. Now there are some mineral makeup lines out there that say they are when in fact they are not. There are alot out there that use one product in particular that is in almost every makeup product and it is called Bysmuth oxychloride. It is a mineral, but it is not a good one. It is also been used in traditional makeup for years because of its coverage abilities. Unfortunalty, it is a skin irritant and it is especially bad for people that are acne prone. It's also one of the ingredients that can cause cystic acne (the worst possible kind). From the point I started useing makeup that ommited that ingredient I saw a huge difference. Try a mineral makeup that has no bysmuth oxychloride and make sure that the makeup is real mineral makeup. You wont find it in a store. The next time you find yourself in a makeup aisle, pick up one of the covergirl or mabeline mineral makeup foundations. The minerals are listed under inactive ingredients and it is still chock ful of checmicals and preservatives. The big name mineral makeup companies with the infomercials all have bysmuth oxychloride in them. The ingredients list should be no more tham 6 ingredients and if you cant pronounce it, then it's not real mineral makeup, lol. I used to love liquid makeup too and sorry sugar but Cover Girl is one of the worst for people with sensative skin. Until you stop using liquid makeup, your skin problems will not go away entirely. Liquid makeup instantly seeps into your pores and sits there all day long and washing your face isnt going to clean out those pores. They are clogged with oil, dead skin cells makeup dirt. You need to exfoliate everyday twice a day to start. There is a thread on here about exfoliation, check it out, I put a great recipe on it and so have a few others. Most of the dermalogical treatments are gonna run you alot of money. There are some that will work with you on financing (CreditCare is a finance company) though if you are interested. The Derm Doc will let you know what will work with your skin. Also a really great way to get those pores cleaned out is a dead sea mud masque. This stuff rocks. Not only does it exfoliate, but you can actually feel the it working. As it dries you feel a pulsating sensation, it is litterally sucking all the toxins from your pores. It is also tightening your skin and shrinking your pores. Some women have even experienced some of their deep set laugh lines become smoother and less noticable. I saw a noticable difference in a couple weeks and I will not be without it ever ever again. You only use it 2x a week at the most. It is very strong and if you think by using it more you will get faster results, well you wont. You'll just strip yuor skin if essential oils and nutrients and possible make your skin even more sensative. And use a moisturizer everyday morning and night, It keeps away the wrinkles. Anyway I hope this helpa lil bit. I know it is hard and It can be painful. But just remember you are a beautiful women!!!

Good Luck,
Amy

www.tylersmineralmakeup.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty