Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM

64 posts, read 185,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryGirl View Post
Keens are very comfortable and tend to hold up pretty well. The only people that don't usually find them comfy are if you have a high-volume foot (meaning your foot is tall/thick). Personally I've never liked the look of the toe, but that's just me, I would still buy them just for the comfort!

If you are looking for the "Teva style" strappy sandals, I would recommend Chaco simply because they have less seams that rub, can be re-soled, and have better arch support.
Chaco > Home
Where do you find Chacos? I looked all over and did not see them anywhere. Can they only be ordered online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,947,691 times
My husband wears black Teva "Terra Fi" sandals every day. He loves them.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
My husband wears black Teva "Terra Fi" sandals every day. He loves them.
I read somewhere online that Teva's smell after wearing them awhile. Has had any "odor" issues with his Teva's?

I was looking at buying a pair like this:

Teva Spoiler Classic at Zappos.com (http://www.zappos.com/product/7373827/color/20 - broken link)

Would they be worth buying?

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,750,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus0123 View Post
Where do you find Chacos? I looked all over and did not see them anywhere. Can they only be ordered online?
Try specialty outdoor/camping shops or REI. They don't sell their shoes to sport stores, etc. REI is the only national chain I know of that has them, but you can check chacousa.com for a list of dealers.

Also, their sizes are VERY consistent... So if you can find a place that has any style Chaco you can order different colors/styles online if you want. Sometimes Zappos will have their last years colors for a bit cheaper.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,474,376 times
Quote:
I did some shoe shopping today. Went to a mall, outlet mall, and shoe stores. I could not find Keens anywhere....although I did pickup this pair of Teva's for under $50.

Teva Spoiler Classic at Zappos.com (http://www.zappos.com/product/7373827/color/20 - broken link)

They seem to be pretty comfortable and have some arch support.

I am going to buy another pair or two. What do you all think of this leather slide? Never thought I'd consider a Dr. Scholl's product but I tried these on and they seemed comfortable.

Dr. Scholl's Brown Men's Miami Shoe
Tevas are pretty cool as well. I have not had issues with them, though Keen are a first choice. You can find Keen at Nordstrom if there's one near you, or you can search on their site for a dealer. You can also get them online, but if you're not familiar with them, it might be best to see a pair first.

Shoes – KEEN

Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,947,691 times
Quote:
I read somewhere online that Teva's smell after wearing them awhile. Has had any "odor" issues with his Teva's?
hahaha... funny you mention, yes he's had them get pretty stinky.

However, all he has to do is about once a month, soak them in a mixture of water and dish detergent (they're waterproof) and either dry them in the clothes dryer or air dry, and they'll be fine. Apparently the smell is due to dead skin getting caught in the grooves on the bottom of the shoe... kind of gross, haha.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 06-28-2009 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 04:38 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,819,262 times
I have a pair of these. I have a hard time finding sandals that are comfortable and these are great. I can wear them all day and never have problems. My closet holds many pair of sandals in good condition that I cannot wear.

Ecco Men's Yucatan, Bison/Black/Black, Mens, Shoes, Bags & Accessories from Shoes.com

Old 06-28-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryGirl View Post
Try specialty outdoor/camping shops or REI. They don't sell their shoes to sport stores, etc. REI is the only national chain I know of that has them, but you can check chacousa.com for a list of dealers.

Also, their sizes are VERY consistent... So if you can find a place that has any style Chaco you can order different colors/styles online if you want. Sometimes Zappos will have their last years colors for a bit cheaper.
thanks for the info

Old 06-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Tevas are pretty cool as well. I have not had issues with them, though Keen are a first choice. You can find Keen at Nordstrom if there's one near you, or you can search on their site for a dealer. You can also get them online, but if you're not familiar with them, it might be best to see a pair first.

Shoes – KEEN
I will check out the Keens. Haven't worn the Teva's yet so I can still take them back if I like the Keens better. Don't have nordstrom around here but they are on zappos.com. They have free returns so I might try that out. Is there a certain type that you recommend? There are quite a few different ones.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
hahaha... funny you mention, yes he's had them get pretty stinky.

However, all he has to do is about once a month, soak them in a mixture of water and dish detergent (they're waterproof) and either dry them in the clothes dryer or air dry, and they'll be fine. Apparently the smell is due to dead skin getting caught in the grooves on the bottom of the shoe... kind of gross, haha.
heh... Does he wear them often? I wouldn't anticipate wearing them more than a few times per month so I figure maybe I can get away with cleaning them less often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty