Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:34 AM

3,198 posts, read 13,418,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Amen.

Honestly, this Nordstrom dressing room was the worst experience ever. The dressing room itself was nice, but the halogen lights that surrounded the mirror top to bottom created the MOST unflattering lighting imaginable. Even my arms had shadows and dimples! What were people thinking when they designed that room? I have no idea.

Because the "people" were probably men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,958,373 times
Quote:
I just got back from the mall, where I tried on a pair of pants and a shirt in this dressing room at Nordstroms. It was a huge, plush dressing room with a gigantic mirror lit top to bottom by halogen lights.

I slid off my clothes and looked in horror at myself in the mirror as those lights lit up ever dimple, capillary, and vein on my poor, pale little body. The trauma inflicted on me this afternoon was so severe that I have so far eaten five chocolate chip cookies and I am staring down a bottle of red wine.

Has anyone else suffered a similar experience with halogen lights in dressing rooms? How much chocolate and red wine did it take you to recover?

Thanks,

Woofers

I feel your pain, sister.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM

42,004 posts, read 75,373,190 times
You poor thing. Skip the cookies, though, and concentrate on the wine.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM

257 posts, read 1,446,411 times
I think gym membership sales people would do well canvassing in front of womens stores.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,472,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellabella View Post
I think gym membership sales people would do well canvassing in front of womens stores.
Exactly!

Someone should have posted an advertisement on the dressing room mirror, because "I think I need to join a gym" was what was going through my mind.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,331,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Ugh.

I'm a fit, toned, in-shape person with nary an ounce of body fat, but I tell you what-- those damn lights draw out the absolute worst in me. Suddenly I'm 50, haggard and look like I just soaked myself in gasoline and chain-sawed my way through a parking lot of zombies to find this pair of jeans.

As someone who has "alabaster" skin by generous standards and "cadaver" tones by more truthful standards, I feel your pain. Every vein, line and lost night of sleep comes into play.

I'm not even 30. I fooking hate those miserable halogen lights. We should agree to meet somewhere, get really drunk and smash them before the staff knows what we're doing.
OMG you look like you're 50!! What about saying you like an an old person. There are alot of us 50 year olds who look better than 30 year olds!!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:36 PM

573 posts, read 1,692,391 times
Quote:
The trauma inflicted on me this afternoon was so severe that I have so far eaten five chocolate chip cookies and I am staring down a bottle of red wine.

Woofers

If you're only merely staring that bottle down, you're doing it wrong.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,967,719 times
Nordstrom's is the worst about their mirrors. My philosophy is that they want you to look as bad as possible so that you buy lots and lots of expensive clothes and accessories to hide your shameful blubber.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:02 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,472,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Nordstrom's is the worst about their mirrors. My philosophy is that they want you to look as bad as possible so that you buy lots and lots of expensive clothes and accessories to hide your shameful blubber.
You know what, you're right. Now I remember a past painful experience at Nordstrom, too. But I don't think bad mirrors make you buy more clothes. On the contrary! I didn't buy anything.

However, I did find a beautiful Vince leather jacket for $750 and a lovely Vince wools sweater for $250. I want them!

Old 06-25-2009, 04:15 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,421,406 times
I HATE dressing rooms and their lighting!

I don't get it why marketing departments haven't figured out that if they used better/different lighting that they might make more sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty