Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,026,697 times

Advertisements

In the same boat, too, received some from a shopping addicted aunt. but how do i know how much to sell them for or even what type of fur they are??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM

3,751 posts, read 12,420,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
In the same boat, too, received some from a shopping addicted aunt. but how do i know how much to sell them for or even what type of fur they are??
Look at what is already listed on ebay for the pricing. As to figuring out what type of fur its made of, if there is no label on the inside, I'd look at pictures of fur coats on the internet for comparision.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,070,724 times
I too will be in the same boat some day. Back in the day, my mom was the "Queen of Vegas". She used to get all dressed up in chiffon dresses and diamonds and fur stoles or fur coats. When she passes, I'll have to deal with the furs too. I'll probably do the Ebay thing.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,592,910 times
If you can afford to give them away, give them to your local high school drama dept or college drama dept.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,334,978 times
You could donate them to a homeless shelter...it will keep someone warm at night, for sure.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM

454 posts, read 796,826 times
I wonder if they could be re-cut by a furrier to make a rain-jacket lining? That would pretty much be the ultimate nasty weather coat.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,740,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
Okay, I'm not sure where else to post this. I have 2 fur jackets, 1 mink and 1 red fox. These were purchased in the 80's and enjoyed for years, but I haven't even thought about them in probably 20 years!! With my mom's passing and the family beginning to clear out the house, we found them and OMG what do we do with them? My sister is completely freaked out....the aging hippy 'can't handle them' being in the house. I told her they were staying put until we got to the point of the final clean out. I am executor, so what I say goes....

My question is what do I do with them? I am planning on moving closer to the beach, can't use them there....not sure I'd want to wear them either, I don't dress as professionally as I did back then, working in a bank and a law office....

Suggestions?

If you still have these coats, send me a PM. I'm interested.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,635,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
Okay, I'm not sure where else to post this. I have 2 fur jackets, 1 mink and 1 red fox. These were purchased in the 80's and enjoyed for years, but I haven't even thought about them in probably 20 years!! With my mom's passing and the family beginning to clear out the house, we found them and OMG what do we do with them? My sister is completely freaked out....the aging hippy 'can't handle them' being in the house. I told her they were staying put until we got to the point of the final clean out. I am executor, so what I say goes....

My question is what do I do with them? I am planning on moving closer to the beach, can't use them there....not sure I'd want to wear them either, I don't dress as professionally as I did back then, working in a bank and a law office....

Suggestions?

Are they long or short? How much you want for them?

I love vintage furs, hell fur in general, lol!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,694,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Are they long or short? How much you want for them?

I love vintage furs, hell fur in general, lol!
And actually, if you want to wear fur, vintage fur or secondhand fur from a private seller or estate sale is a good way to go. Nobody in their right mind can argue that one is giving money to the fur industry that way.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,635,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
And actually, if you want to wear fur, vintage fur or secondhand fur from a private seller or estate sale is a good way to go. Nobody in their right mind can argue that one is giving money to the fur industry that way.
Exactly! I either wear vintage fur, or make my own (from pelts of animals that we have killed for food), and that can hardly be compared to the factory farming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty