Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 06:56 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,373,929 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am waiting for the sale to end all sales. Coats at Macy's are 50% off. Still too high!! When will they go to 70% off? I have my eye on a list price $240 Kenneth Cole longer coat - but want a better sale. The coat is cute, but lower end materials that don't justify the price. Very similar to the one below, the diff is the collar - the one I want has a Nehru collar.

Kenneth Cole Reaction charcoal wool military melton coat at Bluefly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,352 times
If you really want that coat, I'll tell you a trick my friend's wife does. Buy the coat you want now at 50% off. Keep the reciept. If it goes down to 70%, buy it again. Then return the second coat with the first reciept. This way you are guaranteed the one you want in the right size, and at worst, if it doesn't go on sale again, $120 still isn't a bad price for a wool coat.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Seems a little on the "fuzzy" economics side to me. Don't want to raise ANY suspicion of, shall we just say, fraud, with the switching of receipts and all. BUT what can be done which happened to me yesterday on an electrocnics purchase from Best Buy, is to just keep the receipt, watch the price, then the store credits you the diff if the item goes on sale. I just happened to be in the BB for something else, and noticed a cheaper price. I don't want to haunt the store everday, but will keep my eyes open and check on the internet for special winter sales.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:17 AM

It isn't fraud. You make two separate purchases and return one of them. You really did pay the higher price the first time, and you get your money back for that transaction. Sneaky, maybe. But not fraud.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
That won't work - the upc number is different for each size.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
It's fraud because you're getting the use of the coat and you're depriving the store of selling that coat. When you look for the cheaper coat, the same size and color may not be available. That's probably the reason why the second coat won't sell - there's little demand for XXXL or S.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
it's a beautiful coat. Lovely style. Just keep checking back--everyday to see if the price drops; which it will unless they sell out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Hello everyone. I am waiting for the sale to end all sales. Coats at Macy's are 50% off. Still too high!! When will they go to 70% off? I have my eye on a list price $240 Kenneth Cole longer coat - but want a better sale. The coat is cute, but lower end materials that don't justify the price. Very similar to the one below, the diff is the collar - the one I want has a Nehru collar.

Kenneth Cole Reaction charcoal wool military melton coat at Bluefly

Old 12-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
That won't work - the upc number is different for each size.
that's why you buy the same size both times, duh

Old 12-29-2008, 03:37 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
If you really want that coat, I'll tell you a trick my friend's wife does. Buy the coat you want now at 50% off. Keep the reciept. If it goes down to 70%, buy it again. Then return the second coat with the first reciept. This way you are guaranteed the one you want in the right size, and at worst, if it doesn't go on sale again, $120 still isn't a bad price for a wool coat.
So - DUH - there is no longer the size needed when the price drops. YOU made a point of declaring how you get it in the right size, etc., suggesting returning the wrong size coat with the original receipt.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
it's a beautiful coat. Lovely style. Just keep checking back--everyday to see if the price drops; which it will unless they sell out first.
Yeah, I hear ya. I hate to keep going to the mall and having them pounce on me with all of the, "Can I help You's." But I will check it out again this weekend perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty