Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,691,178 times

Advertisements

Face Primer - Benefit
Foundation - ONLY Double Wear by Estee Lauder. It covers everything! I have been a loyal customer for 7 years now and it is the only Foundation I will ever use.
Concealer - Boi-Ing by Benefit. One of the best! Also Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat is very good.
Powder - MAC and Estée Lauder.
Mascara - Dior Show by Christian Dior or any Maybelline Mascara
Blush - Nars' Orgasm or anything MAC and Estée Lauder.
Eyeshadow - Urban Decay! I love their Naked Palette.
Eyeshadow Primer - Urban Decay and Estée Lauder.
Lipstick - I am not a big fan of lipstick so I don't care about the brand. MAC has great shades though.
Lip Gloss - I love the Juice Tubes by Lancôme.

There are other products I also like such as the High Brow by Benefit, High Beam also by Benefit. I also like the Jumbo Pencils by NYX. Very inexpensive and they are useful.

As far as brushes: MAC has good brushes but I also like Real Techniques brushes as well as Sigma's.

I LOVE makeup and growing up I wanted to be a makeup artist but I kind of grew out of that. However I do other people's makeup from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,745,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I use many different high-end brands for different things. Guerlain, YSL, Chanel, and Burberry are my staples.

MAC is not high-end but mid-range like Clinique.
I think "high end" is pretty subjective. Clinique and MAC are going to be perceived as high-end to a cosmetically low-maintenance person who otherwise uses Chapstick, Ivory soap, and Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and little else, for instance. It's all relative.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,675,668 times
Chanel
Nars
Paula Dorf
smashbox
Dior
YSL for touche eclat

Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,986,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I think "high end" is pretty subjective. Clinique and MAC are going to be perceived as high-end to a cosmetically low-maintenance person who otherwise uses Chapstick, Ivory soap, and Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and little else, for instance. It's all relative.
I understand what you're saying but that still doesn't make it high-end. Paying $15 for a lipgloss is very different than paying $30 for it. If I normally buy clothes at Target, buying clothes at H&M is not going to make H&M high-end just because its not normally where I shop and what I can now afford. If I went from shopping at Target to shopping at Saks, that would be me now shopping high-end. MAC is not high end in the beauty world. Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Tom Ford, Burberry, etc. are and their prices reflect it.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 AM

18,565 posts, read 18,855,294 times
No matter how much your paying check out whats in your makeup.... and maybe change to a non toxic brand.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 AM

24,149 posts, read 32,644,420 times
I use MAC. I don't know if it's high end, I just know it's good make up.

Also, MAC does not test on animals! So they get my business.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,986,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I use MAC. I don't know if it's high end, I just know it's good make up.

Also, MAC does not test on animals! So they get my business.
Actually MAC does test on animals now. It started in 2012.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,176,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Face Primer - Benefit
Foundation - ONLY Double Wear by Estee Lauder. It covers everything! I have been a loyal customer for 7 years now and it is the only Foundation I will ever use.
Concealer - Boi-Ing by Benefit. One of the best! Also Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat is very good.
Powder - MAC and Estée Lauder.
Mascara - Dior Show by Christian Dior or any Maybelline Mascara
Blush - Nars' Orgasm or anything MAC and Estée Lauder.
Eyeshadow - Urban Decay! I love their Naked Palette.
Eyeshadow Primer - Urban Decay and Estée Lauder.
Lipstick - I am not a big fan of lipstick so I don't care about the brand. MAC has great shades though.
Lip Gloss - I love the Juice Tubes by Lancôme.

There are other products I also like such as the High Brow by Benefit, High Beam also by Benefit. I also like the Jumbo Pencils by NYX. Very inexpensive and they are useful.

As far as brushes: MAC has good brushes but I also like Real Techniques brushes as well as Sigma's.

I LOVE makeup and growing up I wanted to be a makeup artist but I kind of grew out of that. However I do other people's makeup from time to time.
I have worn Dbl wear by Estee Lauder for 10 years. RECENTLY They changed the formula AND the colors yet kept the same color names. They did a real disservice to loyal customers by not telling them the changes were made! It is awful now!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:55 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,247,733 times
I love Bobbi Brown.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,524,649 times
Chanel and Urban Decay waterproof eyeliners are great and really do not smudge.
NARS blushes are the most natural colors
Nothing beats Christian Dior eyeshadows

For everything else I buy the cheap brands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty