Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,657,203 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried those Smooth Away pads that they're showing on commercials? It looks like it's a better alternative to shaving. I've been seeing them on the Weather Channel.

Is anyone going to try them or have you already done so - if so, how do you like them?

I'm debating on trying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:12 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,008,160 times
You can "sand" away the hair--you can do that with a pumice stone! It only takes the hair off to skin level--shaving is just easier and easier on the skin!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:13 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,281,119 times
I actually have used a brand those. Its a VERY fine grit thats worlds smother than a pumice stone. If you ever polished metal it feels like finest grit you can buy. It does really exfoliate well. It did take off my arm hair. My arm hair is very fine though. I would say the only drawback is in the ones I tried is that the grit was used up rather fast. Google "hair off" mits / pads. I think it may be cheaper and you can get it in most drugstores.

I like to pick it up every once inawhile. I rotate : razor, wax, hair off mitt, epil-stop

One thing I really like about the mitts is that it makes your knees and elbows feel really smooth.
After you use them, take a quick rinse and slap on some food grade oil and rub it in. I prefer coconut for smell and how fast it soaks in. High in vitamin e too.

Do not use perfumes lotions. I did that and it stung a bit.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:23 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,657,203 times
Thanks, I'm going to try those mitts. Feel like mixing it up a bit.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:14 PM

15 posts, read 130,386 times
I want to try that too! I was falling asleep the other night and my husband was watching the infomercial. I guess they use it on a guys chest becuase he burst out with,"I'm trying to eat!" LOL I tried getting that lazer hair removal done, it was so expensive and it didn't even work on me!! Horrible. grrrr

Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,715 times
I have tried those smooth away pads on my face.....and it was a bad idea for me.
I am not sure, on exactly WHAT went wrong...but I ended up looking like I had a rug burn on my face.
I guess, my skin is to delicate, to sensitive.....or maybe I was rubbing to hard ?
I will never know.....
But, I did everything it said on the instructions.
For certain won't I ever try that again......huh.

Last edited by MB2; 10-06-2008 at 12:43 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,652,355 times
I'm of the mind that if it works, why change? I have been shaving my legs and underarms for forever and I have to tell you, I laugh when I see all of these new products online that con women into buying stuff that will make your shaving life easier. To be honest, it MIGHT take me about 2 minutes to shave everything (and I mean EVERYthing, LOL) - do we really need to save time that badly? I shave, my legs are incredibly smooth and I have tried other stuff but why mess with a good thing?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
I have tried those smooth away pads on my face.....and it was a bad idea for me.
I am not sure, on exactly WHAT went wrong...but I ended up looking like I had a rug burn on my face.
I guess, my skin is to delicate, to sensitive.....or maybe I was rubbing to hard ?
I will never know.....
But, I did everything it said on the instructions.
For certain won't I ever try that again......huh.
You over did it...too much rubbing and pressure.
Your skin was mad at you!
;P

The grow back from this is nice compared to shaving. It comes out more natural and almost tapered like a fresh hair growth. It feels better than plain old shaving. Fresher skin, more dewy from the exfoliation. Thats the main reason I like it. Freshened skin feels so nice.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You over did it...too much rubbing and pressure.
Your skin was mad at you!
;P

I guess I mistook it for a laser skin removal.....LOL.
Well, I realized that I overdid it way to late....and ended up with scabs on my face !
People were asking me if I was in a car accident.....ROTFL.
Silly and stupid me....I sure learned my lesson, that "more" is not always good....LOL.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM

LOL...Thats too funny!

....I would of fell over laughing.

My brother did the same thing to his face when he was a teen and I gave him a buff puff to exfoliate his face with. LOL
He figured the harder it was scrubbed the better it would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty