Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 66,631 times

Advertisements

Perhaps, I'm asking for the impossible. I am looking for a shirt that I can wear underneath long-sleeve button-down shirt and knit polo shirts. The main purpose of this shirt is to prevent sweat spots from appearing on the outer shirt (button-down or polo) during 85+ degree temperatures, basically when I'm outside for long periods of time during the heat and humidity of summer (i.e. playing golf).

I have tried:

Under Armor's Heat Gear compression shirt

http://www.gobros.com/gc/files/under_armour/0039_wht_nw_dt.jpg (broken link)

TravelSmith's CoolMax Undershirt

While both of these shirts do a fine job at wicking sweat away when they're worn by themselves. If they are worn as a undershirt they do a terrible job preventing sweat spots from occurring on the outer shirt in hot + humid conditions. They aren't noticeably better than wearing a regular cotton undershirt.

I am hoping someone with experience staying dry in hot climates can recommend some alternatives. I have a tall and slender build, so I prefer undershirts that are not baggy or roomy cut.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,481,697 times
My husband uses the Calvin Klein v neck undershirts. He's never complained about them. They are thicker than your average shirt and pretty soft.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,039,282 times
Surely, you're not the only one who sweats while playing golf in high heat and humidity! I wouldn't worry so much about it! Just get shirts with some sort of print, that will "camoflage" any wet spots! It's not a big deal!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,732,509 times
Have you tried silk undershirts made by ll bean, and other places, you could get one and see how it works. check thell bean cataloge.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 PM

2,175 posts, read 9,188,166 times
Water Falls clothing company makes under and outer clothing that are all pre-soaked.
This prevents perspiration spots from being noticed.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,232,856 times
It makes me sweat just to think about wearing two layers of shirts in hot and humid weather. I'd just wear one light colored, cotton, sleeveless shirt.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,578,345 times
I do a lot of outside things during the summer (and I live in the south) and what I do is wear tanktops or sleeveless shirts in a color or material that just doesn't show the sweat spots and then wear lots of sunscreen. I think you are a man though, so that might not work ;-). I honestly don't think there is much else you can do in hot weather if you are a sweater. You can try the clinical or prescription strength underarm deoderant if the underarm spots concern you (that is the think I am most self conscious about) but in 90 plus degree heat, even it doesn't help much.

Honestly, if you are a man, it isn't as big a deal. I would still hate to wear long sleeves while golfing but there are polo type collared shirts in the wicking material that would be suitable. But if you need to be in business attire outside in the heat, not much you can do as far as I am aware of.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 6,853 times
Default Undershirts with built in sweat shields could help

Men's Sweatguard-Tee Undershirt with Underarm Shield Protection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty