Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times

Advertisements

In the CAribbean, I never really had to wear lotion or face moisturizers because of the humidity. My skin just seemed to soak that up. But in the U.S it's a must!

However, whenever I wear lotion, I tend to sweat ALOT and I didn't know if others have that problem. I finally decided to put on no more than a dime size amount of lotion and spread that throughout my body (especially in the summer time) to try and prevent the excess sweat and body odor that comes with the sweating.

Does anyone else have that problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times
You most likely are not sweating more but the lotion is making it slower to evaporate. Maybe a lighter moisturizer would make a positive difference.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
You most likely are not sweating more but the lotion is making it slower to evaporate. Maybe a lighter moisturizer would make a positive difference.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Personally, I use vaseline as moisturizer, but I use it at night. By morning it's absorbed completely, but it keeps my skin from feeling dry all day.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Personally, I use vaseline as moisturizer, but I use it at night. By morning it's absorbed completely, but it keeps my skin from feeling dry all day.

Vaseline or Vaseline Lotion?? Vaseline is nothing but petrolatum and all it does is create a barrier over your skin and clog your pores ---it doesn't moisturize.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:19 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Yes it makes me sweat that's why I don't really use any on my arms and legs, just in my hands.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Vaseline or Vaseline Lotion?? Vaseline is nothing but petrolatum and all it does is create a barrier over your skin and clog your pores ---it doesn't moisturize.
Regular vaseline. I started using it when I had a horrible reaction to sunscreen and my skin was dry and cracking. I tried aquaphor ointment which the doctor had suggested, but it made my face feel gooey even the next morning. The main ingredient in aquaphor is petroleum jelly, so I got out the vaseline and tried it. After using it several weeks, I noticed that my crow's feet wrinkles were gone and the red bumps I almost always have on my cheekbones had cleared up, so I've continued using it.

I wouldn't suggest trying it if you have oily skin, but OP's problem was dry skin so it might help.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Regular vaseline. I started using it when I had a horrible reaction to sunscreen and my skin was dry and cracking. I tried aquaphor ointment which the doctor had suggested, but it made my face feel gooey even the next morning. The main ingredient in aquaphor is petroleum jelly, so I got out the vaseline and tried it. After using it several weeks, I noticed that my crow's feet wrinkles were gone and the red bumps I almost always have on my cheekbones had cleared up, so I've continued using it.

I wouldn't suggest trying it if you have oily skin, but OP's problem was dry skin so it might help.
Vaseline works really well when I put it on my feet and then put socks over it. It keeps my feet very moisturized and I think that's why I get complimented so much on my feet. lol But I don't put it on my body except in the winter because I realized of how much sweat gets produced and how sticky I feel afterwards.

I just bought myself a lighter lotion to see if that has a better effect. My boyfriend has the same issue but to the extreme where any amount of lotion in the summer causes him to get drenched in sweat. He wears no product.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,721,910 times
Happens to me too! I haven't found a specific brand that isn't too greasy and won't make me feel like I'm wearing a blanket over my skin in the summer- yuck!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:05 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,859,776 times
Try using water-based products as opposed to oil-based ones.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the insight everyone.

The lotion really does have this effect so I bought a lighter product (The lightest form of Nivea there is) and I just use a much smaller amount on it and so far it's been working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty