Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:24 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
LOL! That may be true of me too! (cranky & mean) but I usually keep my "crankiness" to myself and just present the "festive, funky" kaykay image to the public!!
No way! Not with a name like Kaykay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 10:43 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
Those sweaters are SOOOOO horrible. I agree.. cute on kids and then LET IT GO. The worst is when you get one as a GIFT. You are like "Are you KIDDING?" LOL

Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,575 times
LOL@this thread.

My son just found this site about ugly sweaters and showed me. It is called weloveholidaysweaters.wehatesheep dot com. You can build your own "beautiful" sweater just in time for the holidays! Some of the sweaters that people have created are horrible!

I am a teacher and yes, I have a few holiday items. My students love them, however my husband does not!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:48 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
LOL!!! Too funny. I too hate these things. I did however find one "Christmas Sweater" at Dillards a few years ago that was "okay". It actually is sleeveless, black and worn over a turtleneck (aren't all holiday sweaters ) that zipped but had a really nice collar and the ONLY "decorations" on it were small "gift packages" in a more "mature" way. Did I buy it? NO!!!!

How about the Christmas Sweatshirts that little kids make for their moms. You know the ones. They use fingerpaints and cover their hands and w/ their handprint make a wreath design on the front of the sweatshirt. THANK GOODNESS my kids were too old when this one came about.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Is it a southern thing?

Like Kaykay, I live in the Dallas area. I personally would NEVER wear one of those sweaters, but they are extremely popular with the ladies in my office. I think I am considered a crank for not wearing them.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:04 PM

631 posts, read 1,885,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Is it a southern thing?

Like Kaykay, I live in the Dallas area. I personally would NEVER wear one of those sweaters, but they are extremely popular with the ladies in my office. I think I am considered a crank for not wearing them.

Unfortunately, No, the crafty holiday themed clothing is not regional. It is a widespread disorder that infects my office building (and my MIL ) every holiday season. They get a huge 2 thumbs down from me. I can't imagine how anyone would put one of those on, look in the mirror and think "damn I look good" and go out in public. All holiday themed sweaters should be banished!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:06 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
My mom (a Northerner) LOVES holiday sweaters and tops - the more sparkle the better, LOL.

I do admit I have a few Christmas clothing items, but I think they are tasteful: a blouse that has interchangeable collars: one has peppermint candies (just a few), one has gift boxes, and I forget the other one. I also have a long sleeved tee in a nice blue w/a small snow covered tree and an actual cardigan that's navy w/a snowman. I ONLY wear these in the week or so of Christmas. (Oh, I forgot, I have a sweatshirt also, but it only has the outline of a Christmas tree on it). I do my "decorating myself" w/Christmas socks and some cute earrings

Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
Unfortunately, No, the crafty holiday themed clothing is not regional. It is a widespread disorder that infects my office building

This had me lauging out loud! They aren't MY style and hope to all things holey that I don't get one as a gift or am ever made to wear one but for those of you that like them, ROCK IT!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
My mom (a Northerner) LOVES holiday sweaters and tops - the more sparkle the better, LOL.

I do admit I have a few Christmas clothing items, but I think they are tasteful: a blouse that has interchangeable collars: one has peppermint candies (just a few), one has gift boxes, and I forget the other one. I also have a long sleeved tee in a nice blue w/a small snow covered tree and an actual cardigan that's navy w/a snowman. I ONLY wear these in the week or so of Christmas. (Oh, I forgot, I have a sweatshirt also, but it only has the outline of a Christmas tree on it). I do my "decorating myself" w/Christmas socks and some cute earrings
I only wear them from about December 1 on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
This had me laughing out loud! They aren't MY style and hope that I don't get one as a gift
If you get one as a gift, send it straight to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Is it a southern thing?

Glad to hear it! I was beginning to think I was the only woman in America who liked them and I was supporting the entire industry myself!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:49 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I only wear them from about December 1 on....

If you get one as a gift, send it straight to me!
You have my promise, if I ever get one, it will be sent to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty