Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:30 PM

7 posts, read 113,285 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]http://picasaweb.google.com/flaxseedgirl/UntitledAlbum[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do any other females on this forum have generous side burns? Or if you don’t, what do you think of them? I am including a link to a picture to show what I mean. I would say my side burns are probably a bit more than that girl’s and they bug me, but I don’t know if I should go to the expense of laser hair removal. Hair on upper lip, underarms, legs, bikini area, etc. are obvious to me, but this is borderline, where I’m not sure what to do. It is not so bad if my hair is down (I have long hair), but I often wear my hair in a ponytail and then the sides of my face are on display. I also find that dainty little earrings are spoiled by the hair. So what do you say—no big deal, or am I right to be bugged? [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
If they bug you, get them removed! I doubt if many would really notice them, tho! I have hair that hangs in front of my ears, but I'm blond and it's not very noticable. I just tuck it back behind my ears if I'm wearing my hair up!

I've certainly seen much, much worse, generally in women from India--they tend to have alot of "facial" hair/sideburns.

If you do it, do it for yourself--no one else really matters!

Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 AM

43 posts, read 193,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxseedgirl View Post
[SIZE=3]http://picasaweb.google.com/flaxseedgirl/UntitledAlbum[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do any other females on this forum have generous side burns? Or if you don’t, what do you think of them? I am including a link to a picture to show what I mean. I would say my side burns are probably a bit more than that girl’s and they bug me, but I don’t know if I should go to the expense of laser hair removal. Hair on upper lip, underarms, legs, bikini area, etc. are obvious to me, but this is borderline, where I’m not sure what to do. It is not so bad if my hair is down (I have long hair), but I often wear my hair in a ponytail and then the sides of my face are on display. I also find that dainty little earrings are spoiled by the hair. So what do you say—no big deal, or am I right to be bugged? [/SIZE]
As a guy...Sometimes I see women with not side burns per se but hair that isn't that long enough to be pulled when a women pulls her hair back. No good.

Just as bad...neck hair on a woman that falls into the same category.

Lase it.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,165,636 times
Why not cut the rest of your hair that short to make it all even?

Old 08-21-2008, 05:21 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,071 times
I'd be a little bugged but don't obsess over it. Honestly I'm not sure how one would get rid of 'female side burns'. I would think shaving is out, waxing might be harsh (and unnatural looking). Maybe laser hair removal would be a good idea.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Just wax it or use nair. I am telling you because you are asking. Its not something you shouldnt just let go. Waxing can make your regrowth decrease over time. I think you will like the skin base you are left with. I have waxed friends with just peach fuzz and the freak out about much easier it is to apply make-up. Just have a friend help you or make sure its very well lit so you dont miss a spot or something.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 PM

187 posts, read 674,703 times
I've got 'em, although I'm blonde and they mostly fit behind my earlobes. They doesn't bother me that much, though. In fact, I think I'd probably look weird without them.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,393,675 times
I did not realize I had sideburns until my husband pointed them out. In the country where he’s from girls pretty much wax of all facial and body hair. He made a comment about the hair on my face, so I waxed and got an gross rash all over the sides of my face.

I usally wax my own bikini, pits and legs with no problem, but I though maybe I did it wrong, so I had my face professionally waxed. The same thing happened. My face looked fine for a day, but ended up with another HORRIBLE rash all over my face. Cortisone cream did not help, either.

To make it worse, I have very dark black skin and it marks easily. So I ended up with little black marks all over my face that lasted for months. My skin is like my pride and joy so I was really upset and self conscious.  I used vitamin e oil on my skin at night and my skin FINALLY went back to normal. Anyway waxing may be an option for you IF you don’t have sensitive skin.

I recommend cutting a bit of hair before you wax. If not it will hurt like heck. So you can trim a little bit of hair. Then if you know how to wax yourself, wax a small area yourself. If not, go to a salon and ask them to wax a small area while you’re getting another service.

Then if you don’t end up with red welts all over your face, you can trim and wax the sideburns off. IMO American guys don’t care as much about that as foreigners. Your picture also looks fine to me. If the waxing works, though the hair may stop growing as thickly.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 AM

7 posts, read 52,615 times
dont worry about it unlesss its truly bothersome...if thats the case, laser it or just wax it. no big deal..but really, only if its truly a bother

Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 AM

3 posts, read 43,815 times
Hair lines vary. Some people have high hair lines, others have low hairlines. Some hair lines are sharply defined others are a little irregular. Ask your hair dresser for advice.

You can leave your hair long & just not cut them. I have a friend who does that and it looks fine unless she pulls her hair back.

I have slight "sideburns" and my hair dresser cuts my hair so they blend in w/ my hair line.

If you want to have short hair or like to pull your hair back and it seems like a problem, then consider having them threaded or waxed. Do not shave them. Stubble looks worse.

[mod]No signatures[/mod]

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-09-2008 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty