Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 06:39 PM

12,141 posts, read 8,532,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Okay, so new on Microsoft Edge is this AI analyzing what I wrote (OMG).

Copilot
Using
the web

!

(I recently got a new computer and am ready to annihilate that pesky copilot.)

Nothing like mature eyes (that's what they call them) to make your eye shadow look crummy. Recently found a solution. Put a teensy dab of Elf Face Primer on the spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 07:38 PM

24,814 posts, read 11,225,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
(I recently got a new computer and am ready to annihilate that pesky copilot.)

Nothing like mature eyes (that's what they call them) to make your eye shadow look crummy. Recently found a solution. Put a teensy dab of Elf Face Primer on the spot
Can you please elaborate?

It all depends. From chap stick to full face war paint depending on want and need.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:34 AM

22,150 posts, read 13,202,623 times
65 and no makeup on a daily basis; can't be arsed, as the British say! Fortunately, I think I look fairly young for my age and don't look bad without it, possibly because I hardly ever wore makeup (just for a brief period in my teens). I never thought all that pulling and tugging on sensitive skin, especially around the eyes, putting it on and taking it off, could be good for it.

Last edited by otterhere; 05-14-2024 at 07:56 AM..

Old 05-14-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Can you please elaborate?

It all depends. From chap stick to full face war paint depending on want and need.

It's just a little bottle of inexpensive cream that puts a smooth finish on your skin and makes it possible to spread makeup over it without it creasing. I found it useful for a small amount of eye shadow.

In the last couple of years I'd noticed if I used more than one shade of shadow, after I'd opened and closed my eyes a few times, the colors were smearing together.

Of course the skin of your eyes is still going to crease and if you wear a lot of eye shadow the appearance of that will still be obvious.* Maybe that's why so many of us have discovered the value of those good, earthy tones like taupe. They're very kind.

Is that what you were asking?

Old 05-14-2024, 08:51 AM

24,814 posts, read 11,225,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
It's just a little bottle of inexpensive cream that puts a smooth finish on your skin and makes it possible to spread makeup over it without it creasing. I found it useful for a small amount of eye shadow.

In the last couple of years I'd noticed if I used more than one shade of shadow, after I'd opened and closed my eyes a few times, the colors were smearing together.

Of course the skin of your eyes is still going to crease and if you wear a lot of eye shadow the appearance of that will still be obvious.* Maybe that's why so many of us have discovered the value of those good, earthy tones like taupe. They're very kind.

Is that what you were asking?
Thank you.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:39 AM

Yup. Thought maybe you were wanting to hear about how much I want to murder my co-pilot.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:05 AM

2,128 posts, read 1,480,151 times
Same ol same ol for years. Probably since college. A brownish contouring shadow, brown eyeliner and brown mascara. I choose brown because black is too harsh.

Outcome always varies. When I am at home and going nowhere it turns out great. If some important meeting at work, it turns out terrible. Today it looks like I haven't slept all night because I haven't. Some days the shadow is too heavy and looks like I tred too hard. For church I use a very light hand and a quick application because if I am going to look not my best, that is the place to do it, people there are supposed to be forgiving.

Hair is same. Same style pretty much, some good hair days, some average days and some terrible hair days.

Old 05-14-2024, 12:24 PM

3,344 posts, read 9,218,626 times
None, 69, and the only time I wore makeup was my wedding day. Had it professionally done. That’s been closing in on 30 years ago. I just don’t bother. Lot cheaper.

Old 05-14-2024, 01:20 PM

9,946 posts, read 7,841,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
None, 69, and the only time I wore makeup was my wedding day. Had it professionally done. That’s been closing in on 30 years ago. I just don’t bother. Lot cheaper.
We grew up at the end of the hippie days and during the all natural look. Makes sense that many of us our age are low maintenance on the make up side. Even my hair is usually a bit Marcia Brady looking, just grey these days.

Old 05-14-2024, 02:08 PM

3,344 posts, read 9,218,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
We grew up at the end of the hippie days and during the all natural look. Makes sense that many of us our age are low maintenance on the make up side. Even my hair is usually a bit Marcia Brady looking, just grey these days.
My sister is only 3.5 years younger than I am. She’s always worn makeup. I never mastered how to put it on. She did. She tried to teach me, my daughter tried. Both gave up as I’m a lost cause with it. Heck, I don’t even care for chapstick unless my lips are bad. Of course, these days, my Essential Tremors would get in my way.

My hair is natural as well. I’m not really grey. My hair has gotten much lighter but not really grey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty