Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 10:25 PM

14 posts, read 18,388 times

Advertisements

What sunscreen do most people wear here? I use neutrogena spf 70. Back then i recall using a lower spf and even higher as well.

The issue with this sunscreen is it leaves a white cast even if you use very little. Anyone else have this same issue? This has always bothered me since I use a lot. However, it doesn't seem to give skin issues like other sunscreens.

Now is it okay to use sunscreen that is expired or not? I assume it's still safe to use it but it's not going to be effective? So using a lot of it when expired isn't going to do much or is there harm in it? If expired, how much expired is okay? Is it fine to continue using it if a few months expired or it should be thrown out?

Does anyone have any sunscreen recommendations? I am talking about sunscreen where you go out and wear it because of the sun and not like going to take a swim and getting water on yourself. Also, what spf is it? I got to assume SPF 45 should be the absolute minimum right or it should be 50? SPF 70 is probably the recommended? What about spf 100?

The other thing is I never noticed how many face products like sunscreens and creams... many don't even have a seal in it. So whether you order it online off amazon or buy it at the store... well some people like to open the bottle or smell it and things like that... sure you people know what I'm talking about, does anyone get bothered by this when it comes to facial creams like sunscreen and face creams that clearly has no seal? The bigger concern here is it seems on amazon... many of these products are returnable. How exactly is this even allowed? Someone could order a sunscreen or face cream jar and open it and use it a bit and just close it and return it back. How would amazon even know? The other issue is when someone orders the product like a face cream or whatnot and it doesn't have a safety seal, someone could have used it or contaminated it etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 04:34 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
I dont use sunscreen so I am not one to give any advice, but when I buy it for the kids, I believe its usually the Banana Boat SPF 30 or higher in a spray can. Its much easier, less messy and more even coverage in my opinion.

Old 12-13-2023, 11:57 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,865 times
A really nice one that people sleep on is the oil free facial sunscreen from Trader Joes. It's a gel consistency so there's no white cast and it just feels really nice when you put it on. I am a big fan of the EltaMD facial sunscreen too.

Old 12-13-2023, 12:49 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
OP you need to learn how to do forum searches for basic questions. There was a very informative thread discussing sunscreens just a few months ago.

The OP is apparently no longer a member. Such strange elementary questions. Was "he" just another bot?

Old 12-14-2023, 07:45 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,152,851 times
For people with very fair skin and sensitive skin- there is a sunscreen type that isn't irritating, it's made of a fairly common ingredient that isn't FDA approved....you can probably buy it on the Internet.

Old 12-14-2023, 10:17 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
I'm partial to the La Roche Posay Anthelios line. Very well respected by derms and available in different formulations for various needs. I typically use either the ultra light fluid or the anti-aging primer.

Old 12-16-2023, 02:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Watch Hot and Flashy's videos on youtube. She is very thorough reviewing all kinds of sunscreens and skin care in general. I've saved a lot of money. She does a yearly review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgy2UqBfC4c

Old 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM

423 posts, read 267,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
For people with very fair skin and sensitive skin- there is a sunscreen type that isn't irritating, it's made of a fairly common ingredient that isn't FDA approved....you can probably buy it on the Internet.
What is it?

Old 12-18-2023, 11:45 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Check on those two threads:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/fash...sunscreen.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fash...endations.html

Old 04-18-2024, 01:46 PM

11,057 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'm partial to the La Roche Posay Anthelios line. Very well respected by derms and available in different formulations for various needs. I typically use either the ultra light fluid or the anti-aging primer.
I bought a tube of that last year on a 40% off coupon from CVS as it was expensive. (Anthelios SPF 60, Body and Face.) The other day I noticed, now that the sun is coming out more often, that the top of my hands and lower forearms turned bright red after applying it. I put it there because during winter my hands and forearms got really tan from exposure to the sun. Now that it's warm weather, it looks a little strange that my hands and forearms are much darker.

Problem is, the redness might indicate an allergy or sensitivity issue. Jury's not out yet. If it ends up I can no longer use it I will gift it to someone. These types of things tend to vary from person to person. I do like the fact that it disappears on the skin, leaving no white trace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty