Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 11:02 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

I love the look, and I have been seeing it in films, and in real live. It's lush, yet classic. Festive, yet not tacky. Classic but not stuffy. Sexy in a demure way.

I have a few white sweaters, but I have never worn "white on white" - ALL white - and this season, I'd like to try it. My problem? Many of the women who wear it seem tall. Many are also blond. And just bigger.

Does this look best on larger women? The clothes are generally not tailored. I just saw Naomi Watts in "The Watcher" and I think she wore white all through show. Her take on it was less dressy and formal than others.

I'm going to look through Saks and perhaps go there and try on some outfits. Ann Taylor had some nice petites.

Does anyone else like this look? Does it work on smaller women? Any stores that you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 06:17 AM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I like the look too, but it bothers me to see different shades of white together. I think they should match.

Funny, I just watched Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix, and the wife is wearing a beautiful white knit dress. It could not be simpler, yet it was elegant. It made me want a white dress just like it, but on me it would probably look like a nightgown.

It’s $1150. at Saks.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/sophie...9892350426750/

Last edited by gentlearts; 12-05-2022 at 07:21 AM..

Old 12-05-2022, 08:31 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,740,815 times
From a male perspective, when going for the monocolor look all shades should match. Much easier on the eyes. An exception would be for adding an accent color with something like a scarf or a belt.
But if it works for you, do it.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:31 PM

I AM blonde. Not sure why I typed that. But I am petite. That is what worries me.

As to different colors of while there are probably more shades of white than any other color. Pink undertones, yellow, blue, grew, - and probably more that I am not aware of.

If all pieces of the outfit must match perfectly, that will be tough. I think that more than any color scheme I can think of, with the White-on-White, look the clothes must be quality.

I've seen an almost all white look where another color is added - depending on the hue of the white. A light beige - not really my favorite, a pale icy pink or a creamy pink. I have also seen it with black. Specifically black Clelsea boots and jeans.

What are your thoughts?

Old 12-05-2022, 06:08 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,433,253 times
Although I like whites and pastels I am blonde and pale white myself, I look washed out in those colors. Red, green, orange and other bright colors look better on me.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Although I like whites and pastels I am blonde and pale white myself, I look washed out in those colors. Red, green, orange and other bright colors look better on me.
I'm blonde, green eyes. Creamy skin. When I attempted to tan I didn't tan well. Jewel tone like you mentioned overwhelmed me.

I think they look best - in my experience - on dark haired women, with sapphire eyes or dark brown eyes.
I'm sure they look good on you. Not doubting that.

Old 12-08-2022, 07:47 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
I can't remember any time in my life when I've worn all white from head to toe...but all black, numerous times!

I like the crisp look of all white & think anyone can wear it. There's no rules on who can or can't. I never liked wearing white tops because I always wore makeup (not anymore since COVID though) & makeup ALWAYS got along the collar.

I think I've worn white bottoms a couple of times in my life, but that was eons ago. Don't know if I'll wear them again. Crisp, white jeans are really nice.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:44 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Does anyone else like this look? Does it work on smaller women? Any stores that you recommend?
I like it. You can wear it, absolutely. You'll look great in it with your creamy skin. All white in the same shade is not very interesting. What undertone is your skin? Pink or orange/beige? A pinkish white jeans (if you have pink undertone skin) with one of your white sweaters will be just fine.

Fit is the most important. You are petite so no oversized things on you. Careful, the bag must be smaller too. Otherwise, you look like you're wearing your mom's bag. The same with the shoes, no chunky shoes. Same thing with jewelry, etc.

You can find great, original, unique things on Etsy.com

Old 12-08-2022, 09:10 AM

4,511 posts, read 2,656,277 times
All white looks good if you are tall and very very thin. Everyone else looks fat.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:31 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
For example, this:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/225180050111684436/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty