Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 08:44 AM

34 posts, read 25,991 times

Advertisements

Recently I broke my nose and got surgery to repair it.

When I told this lady I just met a month ago who I’m not serious yet or anything with about breaking my nose she mentioned a few times through text while I’m getting surgery anyway I might as well take advantage and get plastic surgery.

I have kind of a big nose so don’t get me wrong it’s something I’ve thought of over the years but the fact she brought it up a few times really turned me off. If my nose turns you off so much then don’t be with me.

A few of my women friends though also brought up taking advantage of plastic surgery while I’m getting my nose fixed so now I’m starting to think eventually I should get it done if it’s that much if a turnoff to women

I wouldn’t do for the women I’m currently seeing. I still think it’s in bad taste to mention it like she did.

But it sounds like it is a problem and women find big noses a huge turnoff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 08:51 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
What makes you think it's a turnoff? Even your friends are suggesting it, and surely not so they will find you more attractive. It seem more like they are pointing out an opportunity to be taken advantage of. When women have mastectomies for cancer, they often opt for cosmetic breast reconstruction surgery as part of the mastectomy. As long as they're on the table under anesthesia why not?

I would totally opt for a nose job if I was already getting my nose repaired, especially if the break was going to cause my nose to look different anyway.

I believe you are overthinking this and your ego is a little fragile.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What makes you think it's a turnoff? Even your friends are suggesting it, and surely not so they will find you more attractive. It seem more like they are pointing out an opportunity to be taken advantage of. When women have mastectomies for cancer, they often opt for cosmetic breast reconstruction surgery as part of the mastectomy. As long as they're on the table under anesthesia why not?

I would totally opt for a nose job if I was already getting my nose repaired, especially if the break was going to cause my nose to look different anyway.

I believe you are overthinking this and your ego is a little fragile.
If it wasn’t a turnoff she wouldn’t mention it no?

I asked the surgeon about a nose job and he recommended I wait 6 months to a year and if I don’t like how it looks still then get it but he didn’t recommend getting one now after a break for whatever reason

Maybe I should have done it but maybe I will eventually

Old 08-15-2022, 09:00 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinMay View Post
If it wasn’t a turnoff she wouldn’t mention it no?

I asked the surgeon about a nose job and he recommended I wait 6 months to a year and if I don’t like how it looks still then get it but he didn’t recommend getting one now after a break for whatever reason

Maybe I should have done it but maybe I will eventually
I don't think you can assume it was a turnoff, no. Why not consider it a helpful, if not particularly elegant, piece of advice?

Curious, have you ever complained about the size of your nose to others? She may be aware that you are not happy with your looks. That's certainly the impression given by your OP.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't think you can assume it was a turnoff, no. Why not consider it a helpful, if not particularly elegant, piece of advice?

Curious, have you ever complained about the size of your nose to others? She may be aware that you are not happy with your looks. That's certainly the impression given by your OP.
No I usually keep stuff like that to myself

Also ive only hung out with her a few times and I definitely didn’t bring it up to her

Old 08-15-2022, 09:07 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Recently I broke my nose and got surgery to repair it.

When I told this lady I just met a month ago who I’m not serious yet or anything with about breaking my nose she mentioned a few times through text while I’m getting surgery anyway I might as well take advantage and get plastic surgery.

I have kind of a big nose so don’t get me wrong it’s something I’ve thought of over the years but the fact she brought it up a few times really turned me off. If my nose turns you off so much then don’t be with me.

A few of my women friends though also brought up taking advantage of plastic surgery while I’m getting my nose fixed so now I’m starting to think eventually I should get it done if it’s that much if a turnoff to women

I wouldn’t do for the women I’m currently seeing. I still think it’s in bad taste to mention it like she did.

But it sounds like it is a problem and women find big noses a huge turnoff
I feel that way, and you have a prime opportunity to have it covered by insurance. Part of my issue is that I’m very unhappy with my nose, but couldn’t afford plastic surgery, so i think if you miss this opportunity you will regret it.

I’ll just add that I can’t even watch a movie with Owen Wilson in it, because his nose bothers me so much. He surely could have had it fixed, but must have the misguided notion that it his trademark.

Last edited by gentlearts; 08-15-2022 at 10:13 AM..

Old 08-15-2022, 09:10 AM

1,483 posts, read 684,294 times
Do it for *you*, OP, not for anyone else.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I feel that way, and you have a prime opportunity to have it covered by insurance. Part of my issue is that I’m very unhappy with my nose, but couldn’t afford plastic surgery, so i think if you miss this opportunity you will regret it.
My surgeon recommended against getting now during a break because it complicates things so I didn’t.

He said to wait 6 months to a year if I still want it then

Old 08-15-2022, 09:18 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Do it for *you*, OP, not for anyone else.
Well, if he goes through with it, then he is doing it for himself as it will give him more self confidence about his looks. And that will rub off on the ladies. When you think about it, regardless of the impetus to have cosmetic surgery, it is always ultimately about doing it for your own self esteem and happiness, right or wrong.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:35 AM

32,643 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
If it wasn’t a turnoff she wouldn’t mention it no?.......

Not necessarily a turn-off. Probably more like some women wish they could have plastic surgery so their thoughts turn in that direction when they see an opportunity. Maybe it is something they couldn't afford normally, but if the insurance company is paying for the surgery, it is an opportunity to get it done. It's more projecting than it is a criticism of your looks.

If you asked about it and your surgeon says "not now" then you can't have it done until later, anyway. For medical advice, you listen to your doctor, not your girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty