Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 03:14 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times

Advertisements

I read this to my wife. She has a few of these tops she wears from time to time. She's not worried about anyone seeing her bra. Anybody can see a woman's bra through most clothing they wear. She doesn't mind if they see her bra. It's what's INSIDE the bra that is nobody's business but hers and mine. (Those are her words, not mine. lol)
We have a teenage granddaughter who, in her teen years, when just her family was home, walked around the house in her bra and sometimes panties (by sometimes I mean when she didn't put her shorts on). Nothing was showing and her mother had told her it wasn't showing anything a bikini wouldn't show. Same with a bra under one of these tops. If a lady wore a bikini top underneath, nobody would think anything of it, but wear a bra and they get all upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 04:01 PM

11,104 posts, read 9,746,390 times
I bought a new tank top and didn't realize the side seams only go down about 2 inches blow the underarm, and the sides just overlap. One gust of wind and everybody got a free show! I reallt wasn't planning on showing off my tummy, and what not...

Old 04-20-2022, 04:06 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I read this to my wife. She has a few of these tops she wears from time to time. She's not worried about anyone seeing her bra. Anybody can see a woman's bra through most clothing they wear. She doesn't mind if they see her bra. It's what's INSIDE the bra that is nobody's business but hers and mine. (Those are her words, not mine. lol)
We have a teenage granddaughter who, in her teen years, when just her family was home, walked around the house in her bra and sometimes panties (by sometimes I mean when she didn't put her shorts on). Nothing was showing and her mother had told her it wasn't showing anything a bikini wouldn't show. Same with a bra under one of these tops. If a lady wore a bikini top underneath, nobody would think anything of it, but wear a bra and they get all upset.
No...not showing my underwear (that includes a bra) because it is "under"wear. I don't care if everyone else has seen it - everyone's seen boobs too, and you generally don't show boobs unless you're on a topless beach. Your wife can do what she wants, but when you're unintentionally showing underwear, it's tacky.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:04 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Those are some of the Lands End tanks that I complained about in a previous post. The armholes are enormous. I've been wearing their tanks for years, and this season the armholes are about twice (at least) the size they used to be.
Sorry - they looked like a regular armholes on the models comparatively to the ones below - that I thought we are discussing

https://www.amazon.com/Uincloset-Wom...%2C106&sr=8-10

Old 04-20-2022, 09:16 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,659,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Sorry - they looked like a regular armholes on the models comparatively to the ones below - that I thought we are discussing

Both styles have huge armholes.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:20 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,659,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post

You can wear whatever you want at home, or apparently at Wal-Mart, but exposing a lot of bra +/- side boob isn't going to be permitted in a lot of work settings nor is it going to help your career prospects.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:34 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:

That is more of a beach cover-up type of top. Sure some wear them on the street, but usually with a cami or a light sports bra. Those that wear them like the model, either are thin with very small breasts or are quite young and like the "trampy" look. It is definitely not anything that one would wear to work, in my world.
And that sort of type has been around forever - it is certainly not anything new.

Old 04-21-2022, 10:47 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
What is with this trend? Who likes this?

In a hot climate, it's great to go sleeveless, then you have this huge open area so that now your upper arms are sticking to your sides without fabric in-between. Is that comfortable in a humid climate? NOOOOO! But it seems you can't find sleeveless tops with normal arm-holes since the 70s.

And what about showing off all that bra, when you leave the house? I don't think this style looks good on anyone. Not to mention showing off "side-boob".

Just now, I got so fed up, I used safety pins to make the hole smaller. Relief, but now I really look goofy.

I prefer tube-tops but they are too clingy for a hot climate and too revealing for some of us----
And then if you lift up your arms you can see through from one side all the way out the other (so you better make sure you have a good bra on! LOL)

Old 04-21-2022, 11:32 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:

:Yeah, exactly. Thanks for finding that picture. Exactly what I mean. So you can see there if she puts her arm down, her arm will touch her side and in a humid climate, that's sticky. Besides the visuals. Being skinny won't stop the skin contact up there.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:39 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Athletic tanks are generally meant to have a sports bra under them, and the arms are cut wide so there is range of motion for exercise or sports. The best casual streetwear tanks have some stretch to them. Years ago Fruit of the Loom made the best ribbed tanks in all kinds of colors. They had a little bit of lycra in them and were perfect for those of us with small or medium arms but large chests because the armholes didn't pull forward.

And then they stopped making them and now either use a different fabric or cut, and my choice is either to have stretched armholes that show part of the bra under my arm or walk around looking like "HERE ARE MY BOOBS, COME LOOK AT MY BOOBS! GET YOUR BOOBS HERE! BOOBS!"

It's very frustrating.
LOL! You got it, sistah. That's me. Sure you can wear a sports bra going out, but I just want to be comfortable around the house. Sometimes I look down and 2/3 of a boob is falling out. Yuck!

Sports bras in general are a miserable prospect for the large chest. Just doesn't work.
These days, I couldn't even get one ON, with the arthritic shoulders. DH has to help me with some of my bathing suit tops, LOL. "Help getting dressed" is one of the limitations that drive assisted living, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty