Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 02:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I also love textiles in various patterns, abstract designs, graphics, prints, geometric, etc. etc...

(Aquarius here, lol. )
OMG in a past life, and in my fantasy life, I swear I am a textile "finder," scouring outdoor markets in strange countries looking for unique textiles for scarves, upholstery, etc.

Totally an Aquarius here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwNjcZzosa0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 03:04 PM

3,265 posts, read 1,745,602 times
Back in 1979 I had a leopard print button up shirt, black spots on a "goldish" background I'd wear unbuttoned low with a leisure suit, gold chain & black jeans.

Not gay. Always made an entrance stepping out of the black & red Z-28 when out barhopping.

That was the disco era In keeping with the sub-theme: Aires

Old 04-11-2022, 03:18 PM

10,890 posts, read 7,382,548 times
Yeah, I have a purse.
And a wallet.

And gloves, hat, and scarf.

And pajamas, sweaters, leggings, clogs...

But I never wear more than 2 or 3 at the same time.
Almost never.

I used to have a leopard print ottoman, too

Old 04-11-2022, 05:30 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't think I've ever owned a bit of animal print (other than a pair of leggings with a subtle tone-on-tone zebra print that I bought to wear to Animal Kingdom at WDW). I'm more floral than animal print.

Interestingly, I'm a Leo. So you would think I would dig animal prints. LOL
I used to have a velour leopard print shirt that i called my 'Peg Bundy' shirt.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:21 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,540,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Okay, sisters, do you enjoy wearing or having accessories that are leopard print (or other animal prints)?

For as long as I can remember I have loved leopard prints--though I have some giraffe prints and other not-so-sure-about animal prints, too.

It's kind of silly--even underwear and PJs in leopard print--along with shoes and handbags.

And you?

Just curious, if you'd like, tell me your astrological sign--I met a woman last night (we were wearing very similar leopard prints) and I discovered our birthdays were very close. We are both Geminis...

What IS it about we women (and men??) who love leopard prints so very much??
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I kind of fell in love with them when I was young in the '80s because it was kind of punkish and it wasn't the normal, neutral colors. I had this very thin 3/4-sleeve t-shirt material top that was two tones of lavender tiger and/or zebra stripe. Loved it TO DEATH. You know, Blondie, etc. Animal prints always keep coming back, though, pretty much classic.

Aquarius, by the way? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yes, me. I have a handful or two of clothing/accessories.

I also love textiles in various patterns, abstract designs, graphics, prints, geometric, etc. etc...

(Aquarius here, lol. )

It must be an air sign thing. Libra here, and I have had various things over the years from lingerie to handbags to belts to accents on shoes, not only leopard but prints like zebra and cowprint. All vegan, too. I could not resist these.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:37 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
I cannot bring myself to wear animal prints. I have a couple items somewhere deep within the closets, but pfft...just not me. I've tried.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:05 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
It must be an air sign thing. Libra here, and I have had various things over the years from lingerie to handbags to belts to accents on shoes, not only leopard but prints like zebra and cowprint. All vegan, too. I could not resist these.
I've never understood why Aquarius, "the water bearer," is considered an air sign. But that's another thread, I suppose.

So which are the air signs, Seija (saving me from looking it up )?

Old 04-11-2022, 09:29 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Okay, sisters, do you enjoy wearing or having accessories that are leopard print (or other animal prints)?

For as long as I can remember I have loved leopard prints--though I have some giraffe prints and other not-so-sure-about animal prints, too.

It's kind of silly--even underwear and PJs in leopard print--along with shoes and handbags.

And you?

Just curious, if you'd like, tell me your astrological sign--I met a woman last night (we were wearing very similar leopard prints) and I discovered our birthdays were very close. We are both Geminis...

What IS it about we women (and men??) who love leopard prints so very much??
Not trying to insult but maybe age? I sometimes see older people wearing it. Just like some wear real fur which is disgusting. Also I have never seen a man wear leopard print.

Old 04-11-2022, 10:22 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Other than a pair of flats I don't think I've owned anything in an animal print since I was in elementary school. I just don't care for them much.

Old 04-12-2022, 03:02 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Have a daughter in law that loves anything animal print but just cant get my head round this fashion at all.. years ago on Coronation st Bette Lynch who was a hard nut type always wore a fur coat that looked cheap and nasty.. thin it put me off this type of thing for life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty