Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 04:50 PM

185 posts, read 114,984 times

Advertisements

You can buy all-in-one inexpensive makeup sets online but they're off brand - I used to see these at my discount stores like Gordman's. But you don't intend to use it much, it's not a bad thing to buy. They also have compact travel size makeup kits like this but you'd have to buy foundation separately if you use that:

https://www.amazon.com/SHANY-Luxe-Bo...%2C109&sr=1-10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 01:58 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,394,726 times
Dollar store.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:37 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
Some of y'all are brave! I'm not sure I'd be comfortable putting Dollar Store makeup on my face. LOL

OP, whatever direction you go, I HIGHLY recommend doing a test run a few weeks before the wedding. You don't want to try makeup for the first time on wedding day only to find out that it's the wrong shade, or it makes you an oily mess in two hours, or it slides off your face half way through the morning ... or worse, you have a reaction to it.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:15 AM

7,644 posts, read 3,284,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I haven't worn makeup since pre-Covid so all my stuff is really old. I'm going to a wedding in September and I'll likely need makeup only for that day or weekend. I seem to not have a lot of luck finding sample sizes online. Anybody have any ideas?
Most makeup is good far longer than 2 years. You can probably use most of what you have. The only items to be super concerned about is Eye Liner and Mascara.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:59 PM

4,964 posts, read 3,324,141 times
See https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-us/...k/p-KM00201036 usd 2.40 mini lipsticks the classic red and the rose hibiscus are pretty.

Do not see it on the Kiko american site but the EU had a round mini palette neutral earth tones eyeshadows and the center was a pretty blush.

See makeup brands at https://beautybay.com they ship to USA.

Affordable makeup they too ship to USA from UK https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/intl/en/home

The Perfume houses sell samples https://histoiresdeparfums/pages/sampling
lovely perfume is Blanc Violette, the Tubereuses 1 2 3 alll are very intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvrD7tc1_Gw

I have this e/s palette IRL colors are very pretty.
https://www.revolutionbeauty.com/int...n/1138222.html

Old 04-09-2022, 04:16 PM

9,474 posts, read 5,245,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I haven't worn makeup since pre-Covid so all my stuff is really old. I'm going to a wedding in September and I'll likely need makeup only for that day or weekend. I seem to not have a lot of luck finding sample sizes online. Anybody have any ideas?
You can get very small sizes but not sample sizes. I'd suggest going to a place like Mirror Mirror or a salon where you can get your makeup done and just pay to get spiffed up for the special day.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:54 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,278,485 times
If you check Etsy, you will find samples to purchase of mineral makeups. Why do people like mineral make up, I don’t mind the blushes I don’t mind the eyeshadows I’m not a fan of the foundation, but my skin is dry… of course there may be shipping I didn’t check that but if you buy from one seller they might combine stuff so you’re not paying triple shipping.

By the way I use talk to text and sometimes it adds things that it thinks makes more sense. I said people like mineral make up. It added why do. Consider that an artificial intelligence auto co-wreck.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 04-09-2022 at 06:34 PM..

Old 04-09-2022, 07:05 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Thanks everyone! Plenty for me to explore.

I should have added that I mostly just use liquid foundation, concealer, cream eyeshadow, cream blush, cream bronzer but I can do without it, tube mascara, and lip gloss. I don't like powders because I hated having to wash my brushes. I mostly used Revlon from the drugstore for my foundation, mascara, bronzer, and eyeshadow, Jane Iredale for concealer, MILK for blush, and I forgot what I used for lip gloss and lip stick. I'll check out some of the suggestions here. If it comes down to it, I could probably buy everything new from the drugstore and it might cost me about $50. I just didn't like the idea of being wasteful.

How do you know if you need to replace your makeup? I should probably replace my eyeshadow and mascara at the very least if I decide to use my old makeup. I think the blush might be okay. I bought it around 05/2019 and it only goes on my cheeks.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:25 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,278,485 times
Mascara every three months. Eyeshadow powder 18 months. Eyeshadow cream or tube, a year.

If you look at your make up, it may have a small symbol of a small jar, with a letter M and that should tell you for that product. The closer a product is to your eyes, the more careful I am. By the way, at Ulta, the area around the front counter are the mini trial/travel sizes…
But they are usually the more high end products.

But that’s where I bought a little tiny size of the number one selling concealer, NARS radiant creamy concealer. Wow, it’s the first product that ever oxidized on my really dry skin. In 30 seconds it was orange. And it was supposed to be neutral and it was yellow to begin with. Glad I didn’t buy a full size.

Old 04-09-2022, 07:45 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If you check Etsy, you will find samples to purchase of mineral makeups. Why do people like mineral make up, I don’t mind the blushes I don’t mind the eyeshadows I’m not a fan of the foundation, but my skin is dry… of course there may be shipping I didn’t check that but if you buy from one seller they might combine stuff so you’re not paying triple shipping.

By the way I use talk to text and sometimes it adds things that it thinks makes more sense. I said people like mineral make up. It added why do. Consider that an artificial intelligence auto co-wreck.
Good call on Etsy! I found sample concealers and foundation for $3-$6!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty