Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 08:52 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,590,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbeagles View Post
When I call my hair salon to make an appointment, there is an answering machine telling me to leave my name and number and a brief message, which I do. The trouble is they don’t call me back. I called another salon and the same thing happened. Anyone else have this happen to them?

IMO you need a stylist who is living in 2022…an answering machine? There are so many apps salons & stylists use to schedule & manage appts online with a click …like Simple Salon, Genbook & Booker with text confirmations & reminders.

They have to make it super easy to schedule an appt tho^^…or how do they stay in business?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 10:26 AM

9,189 posts, read 6,222,919 times
Following a trend by restaurants to eliminate phones altogether. It can be a boon to tech savvy customers but a hurdle for people like me who don't use FB, Instagram, or the like.

"When restaurants abandon their phone lines, it can make the lives of employees easier but leave diners confused and frustrated — or relieved.

Like Hotel Greene, restaurants around the country are pulling the plug on their phone lines. Channeling all communication through emails, direct messages on social media and reservations apps might frustrate diners and deter those who are technology averse, but restaurants are finding that communicating this way frees up time for front-of-house employees, is more efficient for restaurant administrators and gives flexibility to restaurants operating with a small team or through Covid-related staffing shortages."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/d...line-call.html

Old 04-07-2022, 12:26 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Many of the salons near me seem to have changed since COVID, maybe even before. Everyone is working for themselves, everyone makes their own appointments, so if you don't have someone's direct phone number you don't get anyone. The days of a receptionist who makes appointments for several stylists who work at a salon seems to be over. I'm having a heck of a time finding a new place to go since my old one closed down so I've just been going to Supercuts.

Old 04-07-2022, 12:51 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,543,460 times
I will probably sound like a snob, but I will ever again go to any salon that does not have a dedicated human receptionist. I have relayed the story in other threads about a botched highlight job that made chemical burns on my scalp. The stylist was the salon owner and too cheap to hire a receptionist. Therefore, whenever the phone rang or someone walked in, he got distracted from what he was doing. One of those times resulted in harm to me. No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Following a trend by restaurants to eliminate phones altogether. It can be a boon to tech savvy customers but a hurdle for people like me who don't use FB, Instagram, or the like.

"When restaurants abandon their phone lines, it can make the lives of employees easier but leave diners confused and frustrated — or relieved.

Like Hotel Greene, restaurants around the country are pulling the plug on their phone lines. Channeling all communication through emails, direct messages on social media and reservations apps might frustrate diners and deter those who are technology averse, but restaurants are finding that communicating this way frees up time for front-of-house employees, is more efficient for restaurant administrators and gives flexibility to restaurants operating with a small team or through Covid-related staffing shortages."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/d...line-call.html

I think the best businesses offer as many ways to reach them as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty