Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 03:33 PM

166 posts, read 99,677 times

Advertisements

For anyone looking, due to covid, there's been a demand and even supply chain issues for sweats. In my hunt, have found an amazing number and good deals at Nordstrom Rack. They aren't all skinny either ; have picked up nice ones there. Due to climate, need a few in different weights...for home wear mostly though a PT has complimented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 01:08 PM

20,711 posts, read 16,626,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Frame has a style of high ankle skinny jeans I love…perfect for style & comfort because they are a little stretchy & remind me of leggings but look super nice. I can wear them with Rothy’s pointed flats for even more comfort…or dress up with heels. If you think they are constrictive….maybe it’s the brand?
Eh...skinny is out...jeggings are super out. It's hard when fashion changes but eventually we all manage to catch up, it just takes some longer!

Old 10-03-2021, 01:10 PM

20,711 posts, read 16,626,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
This thread caught attention and perhaps wouldn't post in this forum because I prefer comfort over style. And do compliment those who are in style and like the daring individuality in all aspects of life. On the hunt for khakis and sweatpants that aren't "skinny" though they look great on some people, trouble finding non-skinny cut; is this a trend here to stay? Don't even need "slimming panels" but hard to find comfort versus need to make everyone skinny. I downsized a bunch of clothing but kept some "different" polo shirts. Hadn't worn particular one in years so decided to try it recently, received compliments, realized how comfortable it was, so it's a keeper.

On flip side, saw comment about fanny packs. Remember how ubiquitous they were, and practical? Was on a cruise at height of popularity and every generation was wearing. Major retailers still selling them. Does it bother you to see someone still wearing one? I tend generally not to notice fashion and wouldn't care in the least about individuality (an no, not wearing them). Like tattoos, people tend to enjoy talking about theirs as a great conversation starter.
Fanny packs kind of morphed into cross body bags - you can wear them with the bag on either your chest or your back. Maybe they've been streamlined a bit and toned down in color but they seem okay.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:42 PM

16,529 posts, read 7,379,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyob View Post
whether it be nice or nasty

a woman said she like my mums bag once on a bus.
At the supermarket a man stopped me to say that my silver hair and the knitted scarf of purples, reds, and violet around my shoulder was just a fabulous combination. I was flabbergasted. My smile did not leave my face even as I made my way to my car in the cold.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:37 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,690,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Eh...skinny is out...jeggings are super out. It's hard when fashion changes but eventually we all manage to catch up, it just takes some longer!

Frame skinny ankle jeans aren’t jeggings & they are super comfortable like leggings. They are part of the 2021 fall line…currently available at Nordstrom’s. AND there’s a Frame store on Fillmore…I love all the choices! You can go in store now or make a virtual shopping appt.

edit: I just bought a pair with a rag & bone boyfriend belt…that a friend complimented me on. So..that’s why I was mentioning them.^^

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-03-2021 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 10:16 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,226,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
At the supermarket a man stopped me to say that my silver hair and the knitted scarf of purples, reds, and violet around my shoulder was just a fabulous combination. I was flabbergasted. My smile did not leave my face even as I made my way to my car in the cold.
That does sound very striking!

I often compliment people on interesting things they're wearing. One day recently I was in the grocery store and an older Black lady, about my age, had a really interesting scarf around her neck that for some reason, from the side, I thought was her hair. It's hard to describe what it looked like or why I though this, but anyway, I started laughing when I realized my mistake, and told her I was laughing at myself for thinking it was her hair until I took a closer look. Then she started laughing, and we ended up chatting about our hair, and both left the encounter with a smile on our faces.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:47 PM

16,529 posts, read 7,379,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So what IS in? I never could wear the real tight style, could not find long enough tops and did not like the look.
But now there are skinny pants and they dont cling to every curve of the legs. I like these. I also see many wearing slim pant that look like joggers, tight at the ankle.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 54,009,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
So what IS in?
Here?

Hideous, high- waisted baggy, slouchy jeans. I won't do it.

Wear what suits you, trends be damned.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:29 PM

3,361 posts, read 1,172,513 times
Yes. They comment mostly about my choice of colors and jewelry (hand made, my creations).

Old 11-15-2021, 11:11 AM

3,122 posts, read 1,724,989 times
Yes. The last time was a few days ago, and she liked my purple beret. But the item that has earned more compliments is my 1972 brown woolen poncho, which is still in great shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty