Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:23 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times

Advertisements

Well, in the end, the whole debate is pointless. People either like them or they don't. It's rare you'll change someone's mind if they are adamantly against tattoos. Which is fine because that's someone I wouldn't be naturally drawn to as a friend anyways.
As far as caring if someone finds them "sexy" or not - my husband of 21 years likes mine and that's all that matters.
I'm not a buttoned down, conservative, prim and proper person anyway. With or without my tattoos, I doubt some would want to hang out with me - which is fine. It's not reasonable to be like-able by everyone. I do think people though should be respectful of others though, just because they do things you wouldn't do, doesn't mean they should be immediately placed in a category of low class or skanky.
While some may be appalled that people get tattoos, I'm always amazed that people smoke or abuse their bodies in the many other ways they can be abused......

Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
What everyone gonna sit around the nursing home and talk about how their tattoos are sagging.. I doubt it!
Actually you might be surprised at all the little details old folks talk about Besides they're not always sick when they're in a home,sometimes they're just in an old folks home because they couldn't quite take care of themselves and housework etc and their kids probably made them go there...or they may just be suffering from some disease brought on by excessive tattoo ink

Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Actually you might be surprised at all the little details old folks talk about Besides they're not always sick when they're in a home,sometimes they're just in an old folks home because they couldn't quite take care of themselves and housework etc and their kids probably made them go there...or they may just be suffering from some disease brought on by excessive tattoo ink

Ya know if all old people sit around and talk about is their tattoos.. then good for them.. at least they'll have something to talk about!!!! Unlike the ones without tattoos whom sit there playing with their upper lips because they don't know what to say to people ... Anyways really what would it matter..if it isn't you.. geezzee..
And IF the Tattoo Ink causes a disease it will happen shortly after they get the tattoo duh.. not when they are in their 80's
Doing drugs is worse on your body than getting tattoos.. have you ever seen anyone that has done drugs they look like they are in their 40's when they are 25.. I mean really tattoos don't do near as much harm to the body as drugs do. Really you people need to get a grip!
If people are really that worried about what they are going to look like at that age well then they might as well die at an early age so there won't be anymore worries..Oh BTW did you know you can get diseases from your dentist or doctors offices too.. or get a disease from scraping your foot on a nail.. I mean really it is pointless to worry,.. everyone has to die of something.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Besides they fade anyway. My Dad's you can hardly see now. He's had them for 40 odd years and never had them re-colored. I've only had my two small ones for about 8 years and already I've had one re-colored once. By the time I'm 80, supposing I live that long anyway, I doubt you'll be able to see them hardly at all and seeing as they're on my feet and I'll probably spend my days in slippers anyway I doubt anyone will even notice they're there. Not that I'll care. I'm looking forward to being cantankerous and not caring in my old age anyway!
Sounds like you've got a great start

So then you're saying that they won't even be tattoos by then but big ugly blotches?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,899,648 times
Quote:
Sounds like you've got a great start

So then you're saying that they won't even be tattoos by then but big ugly blotches?

A great start being cantankerous??? haha! From what I posted here???

Boy it's a good thing I didn't say what I really think then!

Well I'm sure they'll still be tattoos I just can't see that I'll be running around barefoot as much when I'm older but who knows? It's hard to get shoes on me now, maybe that'll never change? It's not gonna bother me if they are "big ugly blotches" because I won't see them that way, but I won't be living till I'm 80 anyway so it's kinda a moot point. And besides people will find enough things to give me a hard time over in years to come, I doubt they'll even notice a few "ugly blotches" or "beautiful vintage tattoos" depending on your point of view.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:38 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,785 times
Quote:
It must be my personality, but I'd take great pleasure in being the one "talked" about in the nursing home.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well I'm sure they'll still be tattoos I just can't see that I'll be running around barefoot as much when I'm older but who knows? It's hard to get shoes on me now, maybe that'll never change? It's not gonna bother me if they are "big ugly blotches" because I won't see them that way, but I won't be living till I'm 80 anyway so it's kinda a moot point.
Unfortunately the way the world is headed it doesn't look very hopeful for any of us to live to 80

As for you personally,you may not have to worry about the placement of your tattoos but some others may have to think about where those blotches are going to be.

Probably by that time though surgery will be so far evolved that people could easily get those blotches erased. We're already beginning to look like a society of plastic people.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Tattoos are basically nothing more than disfigurement with a little cachet about them, essentially a leisure suit you cannot take off.

I mean, everybody has a questionable fashion moment. But most of your fashion mistakies are hanging in the back of your closet or have long been given away to Goodwill. But a tattoo is an eternal reminder that, once, you really thought that stupid barbed-wire pattern was a really good idea.

What's more, I don't care how cute, adorable, or bad-ass that tattoo looks like now. Give it 5, 10 years, and you'll look like your have some horrible skin disease. Ever seen a tattoo that was applied twenty years ago? Ewwwwwwwww.

So it doesn't matter what your income is, what your education is, or whatever else. A tattoo is a permanent sign that you are not only a skank, but a skank who can't think more than two to three years down the road.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:22 AM

I mean I could see Maybe having a tatt that is always gonna be you,whether it's a child's name or what I was even throwing around...my astrological sign...cause it looks like I'm always gonna be an Aries

Old 05-20-2008, 11:04 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,223 times
Default "If your not living on the edge, you're just taking up space."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Tattoos are basically nothing more than disfigurement with a little cachet about them, essentially a leisure suit you cannot take off.

I mean, everybody has a questionable fashion moment. But most of your fashion mistakies are hanging in the back of your closet or have long been given away to Goodwill. But a tattoo is an eternal reminder that, once, you really thought that stupid barbed-wire pattern was a really good idea.

What's more, I don't care how cute, adorable, or bad-ass that tattoo looks like now. Give it 5, 10 years, and you'll look like your have some horrible skin disease. Ever seen a tattoo that was applied twenty years ago? Ewwwwwwwww.

So it doesn't matter what your income is, what your education is, or whatever else. A tattoo is a permanent sign that you are not only a skank, but a skank who can't think more than two to three years down the road.
Relpying to Bold part......
You have to be the most ignorant person out there..Just because you don't like tattoos doesn't give you any right to judge people by calling them names. .. This just goes to show your level of maturity.. in which is very low. Keep up the good work

Ink to paper is thoughtful
Ink to flesh, hard-core.
If Shakespeare were a tattooist
We'd appreciate body art more.

Last edited by wolfeyes; 05-20-2008 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty