Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: whats your opinion of women with tattoos?
they look sexy ! 24 16.55%
they are a BIG turn off 40 27.59%
I prefer a woman without tattoos 33 22.76%
they look low class 84 57.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,966,224 times

Advertisements

I am one of those people who you would never guess had tattoos. They are only seen when I wear certain tops. I did not get my first until I was 38. I don't particularly care about what they will look like when I'm 80 - everyone gets old, wrinkly, saggy - so what if my wrinkles and sags have ink?
Do I care what others think of tattoos? No....I've been married 21 years. My husband has tattoos. He loves me just the way I am . I'm at a point in my life that worrying about others opinions is long gone. I certainly didn't get mine due to a fad or to fit in...

We live a darn good life and have somehow managed, even with tattoos no less, to have a household income well above the average.
I would be curious - those who have such horrible opinions of those tattooed....if you got to know me first - I mean, really got to know me and we got along great and enjoyed each others company, then one day we got together and I was wearing something that showed my tattoos - what would you do?
For the record, I have a large back piece. Feel free to go to my website and take a look.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,130,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
That was the first reason why they made me believe that a woman who has one is good for only one thing... If she doesn't have the presence of mind to reject a childish desire in favor of long-term consequences, she's probably been around a whole lot more than I'd care to be associated with... ink is forever... semen gets washed off.
Maybe the ink has gone to my brain, but I'm confused by this post. The tattoos made you believe this? I didn't know inanimate objects had such power of persuasion.
You know, it really must be the judgemental people that I wouldn't care to associate with anyway that have been avoiding me altogether because I haven't noticed any disgust or ostracizing. I find I'm just peachy with that.
By the way, jkcoop, great blog!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 PM

617 posts, read 2,074,911 times
When my dad was in the service, his mother died. He got a tattoo of a cross and the word "Mom" on his forearm. Seeing it on my dad's arm my entire life left me with the notion that tattoos are special remembrances of someone (or something) significant in your life, not a testament to a person's character.

I got my first and only tattoo at the ripe old age of 42. It's on my left hip which means very few people actually get to see it (unless they find the picture of it on my website). That's okay since I got it for me, not other people.

My oldest son and his fiance have more tattoos than I can count. They're both terrific, hard working and good hearted. Anyone who judges them otherwise because of their tattoos would be missing out on two wonderful people.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 AM

598 posts, read 2,076,716 times
Just my opinion, I actually don't like most tattoos. Most of them just look crappy and the whole idea is silly (a chinese character saying "peace" - ugh). And a lot of women just want something small so they get a rose on their ankle or something and it doesn't look good.

But I have seen a couple of just beautiful tattoos that looked good. Usually, they are larger, and a bold and unusual statement.

Bad:
http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/SBY/SBY057/57638708.jpg (broken link)

Good:

http://www.thailandsouthern.com/angelina%20jolie%20tattoo%20upper%20back%20parlor% 20new.jpg (broken link)

Anyway, no offense to anyone I hope! Just my personal preference!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM

337 posts, read 827,423 times
I find it hysterical that people still find tattoos so offensive. I have one, I am college educated, have a great job and make a lot of money. So, to just assume I am low class is great.

I can tell you from my standpoint I did it for me. It is no ones business and I really could care less what people think. I just think it is funny.

One of these days people will stop assuming things about other people. Tattoos are for the person and they usually mean something to the person who has it.

I guess all of the people out there with no tattoos are just better than the rest of us who are not afraid to express ourselves. I would suggest talking to a person about their art instead of judging them.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
I've never opined that it's low class...just something I find to be a turn off.

That's all. And if I HAD one, that would make me a hypocrite, but I've never gotten one, even after a stint in the Navy.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,486,430 times
I think if they're over done or too big they make a woman look manly.
Small,strategically placed ones can still be sexy though.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
Fair enough. I could agree with that.

But for some people, it seems to become an addiction.

Here's a valid question; of all that have gotten a tat, how many stop there? How many is enough? How many is too much? How many can you get before causing a health risk?

Tattoos do seem to be linked to definite health risks; check herewhere they claim-"Tattooing has been shown to transmit infectious diseases, including hepatitis B and C, syphilis, leprosy and tuberculosis."

I don't like to see too many tats on women. That's just me and whether it offends anybody or not isn't my concern. I'm responding to the thread as a person who doesn't have any tats or piercings. I'm not surprised that those with tats would have a different response.

I'm not judging the whole person-body, spirit, and soul based on the ink on their skin. But all action is born in thought. I don't believe that any person's skin is demanding to have ink put inside of it.

This goes for men as well. I think it's a calculated risk taken by the person who chooses to get the tat.

How many tat artists have many tats on their own body? These things cost money, right? Doesn't it behoove some of them to perform as many tats as they can? Don't they make more money if the tat is larger and more sophisticated?

It's your skin so do what you want. But if I was to need a blood transfusion, I wouldn't want the donor to have tats or any diseases.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,486,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
How many can you get before causing a health risk?

Tattoos do seem to be linked to definite health risks; check herewhere they claim-"Tattooing has been shown to transmit infectious diseases, including hepatitis B and C, syphilis, leprosy and tuberculosis."

I'm not judging the whole person-body, spirit, and soul based on the ink on their skin. But all action is born in thought. I don't believe that any person's skin is demanding to have ink put inside of it.

This goes for men as well. I think it's a calculated risk taken by the person who chooses to get the tat.

It's your skin so do what you want. But if I was to need a blood transfusion, I wouldn't want the donor to have tats or any diseases.
I think that mentioning the health risks associated with tattoos is akin to mentioning the health risks of smoking. It's probably the last thing on their minds,being cool is first.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
I'll go as far as saying that I think some tats on some women can be sort of sexy, and some tats on some dudes looks cool and tough, if you will.

But can't they just come up with some kind of spray on temp tat, like they do the spray on fake tans?

That way, you could put your sweetie's name right on your arm! Then wash it off once they go by the wayside.

I have a friend who put a tat of his now deceased brother's name on his forearm. I know some people who put their child's name on their skin. If ever there was a good tat, those would be it.

But trying to change BERNADETTE into AMY just don't seem practical.

Maybe women are smarter than men. (gee, there's another topic for another day). Maybe not as many women get their SOs name inked into their skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty