Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,417,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
not everything in life comes from some sort of ulterior motive or deep down psychological reason.
Yes it does... and when you throw in shunts to drain fluid from your new rack as it heals and the pain, there's more than "I just can."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times
I had the opposite problem. I had to get a reduction. How old was I? That was back in 2000. I was 26 at the time. I had back and shoulder problems, also as another poster stated, problems breathing while laying down.

MAN!

It was an elective surgery, but really, it was proven to be medically necessary, or the insurance company would not have paid for it.

I woke up that next morning and thought the dr had made a terrible mistake! It looked like they were an A.. I thought I was in a bad dream! Must have been the drugs... lol.

I am at a D now. Just right.

Thats my story, and I'm stickin to it!

Oh... on the flip side. I think I would only have augmentation if there was an issue where something like br cancer or something in that nature was involved. But then, I have never been something like an A or B cup, so I suppose it is not all too fair to make that assumption.

Good luck with that!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:55 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,533,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
How did you lose the 34C???? I've been working out like crazy and mine will NOT shrink at all. I've lost body fat, but the boobs are still the exact same size.
Why would you want to lose your natural 34C size?? I'm a 34C, 5'4", and a size 8. I'm really happy with mine. I'm glad I never lost it. And I workout a lot too (I have a normal BMI for my age and height).

Old 04-24-2008, 06:33 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Why would you want to lose your natural 34C size?? I'm a 34C, 5'4", and a size 8. I'm really happy with mine. I'm glad I never lost it. And I workout a lot too (I have a normal BMI for my age and height).
I just think they are too big. I don't really sit and dwell on it all day, but when I saw Faina's post I was just wondering how it happened for her. I'm probably actually more like a D cup. My problem is I'm tall and thin and my boobs, to me, are just too huge for my body. And I have a hard time finding tops that fit and bathing suit tops. Back when I was a teenager I was like a small B, maybe a large A, and after I had my kids they grew to what they are now.

I'm also kind of tired of the stares and being treated like crap, mostly from other women - and apparently after being on this thread, I guess men too. I've been accused numerous times of having a boob job, which I have nothing against, but it's really irritating to constantly being treated poorly because of it - whether it is natural or fake, who cares anyway.

If you check out the "Large Chested Women Help" thread, you might understand where I'm coming from a little better

Old 04-24-2008, 01:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,698,072 times
This lady that I used to work with, was getting a breast reduction, about the same time I was getting my breast augmentation done.
Some will argue that its "OK" to have the breast reduction, but its not "OK" to have the augmentation.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:33 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,441,547 times
I had it done, and the only regret I have had is that I didn't do it sooner.
I did it for myself, and took my time (1 1/2 years)researching any and everything there is to know about it. (Pros and Con's alike)
My advice?
Be very knowledgable and critical in making your choice and don't worry about what other people say, think, do...because you have to make that decision and live with it.
To each their own, and that choice is yours to make!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I say B.S. to any woman who says "I do it for me, not for anyone else". You do it because you want men to find you more attractive and that is the bottom line.

Sorry, I don't agree with your notion and opinion to "generalize" all the girls out there into the category to have the plastic surgery done only to be "liked" and "attracting" guys.
However, SOME might have the ulterior motive to be more attractive to men, but I can't and won't speak for them.
But, I know I didn't fall into the above mentioned category.
To be honest....I don't give a hoot on WHAT people (female and/ or male) say, think, do and surely don't do anything for an "approval in society" so to speak. (Never have! )
I know what my boobs looked like BEFORE I got pregnant, and starred at them AFTER.
I am the one and only looking at them, day in and day out, and was upset on what they became.
The availability came along to "help" a bit, and I gladly took it, restoring them.

I have to live with it and the choice is mine alone, right?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,417,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
I know what my boobs looked like BEFORE I got pregnant, and starred at them AFTER.
I am the one and only looking at them, day in and day out, and was upset on what they became.
The availability came along to "help" a bit, and I gladly took it, restoring them.
But what brought you to believe that tight, high breasts were superior, in your mind, to loose, low breasts?

Was your perspective on ideal breasts developed in a vacuum? Is your opinion genetic? Or, as most would say, is your opinion about ideal breasts the result of years of exposure to a culture that prizes high and tight?

Old 04-28-2008, 02:41 PM

271 posts, read 1,062,401 times
I say, go for it, if it makes you feel better about yourself, why not. We are all vain in one way or another, there is nothing wrong with feeling good about your looks, and looking good.

I am scheduled to have both a breast lift and a tummy tuck next month. I'm 40yrs old, i'm in good shape, take care of my self..........but im a d cup and after 2 pregnancies and flunctuations in weight, i have droopy breasts, aswell as alot of stretch marks on my stomach. I'm doing this for myself, am i vain?........yeah,...... and theyre aint nothing wrong with that.

And if i couldv'e, i wouldv'e done it alot sooner. And as for the pain post surgery, i say bring it on, the way i see it, if it's for vanity, i will suck it up.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
MB2

Quote:
But what brought you to believe that tight, high breasts were superior, in your mind, to loose, low breasts?

Was your perspective on ideal breasts developed in a vacuum? Is your opinion genetic? Or, as most would say, is your opinion about ideal breasts the result of years of exposure to a culture that prizes high and tight?
Sorry....the only thing I know is the law of gravity and physics, and the rest speaks for itself.
No "high and tight" here either, just bringing them BACK to where they once WERE....ORIGINALLY!
I don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out and see, that MY OWN boobs were full and round BEFORE....and ending up with "deflated and sorry droopy car tires" AFTER!
Of course am I exposed to a "culture"...otherwise I would live alone on an island.
But, however, that doesn't mean I am going "mainstream" by any means, or do whatever everyone else is doing, sharing the same motives.
I just take on public services, which are offered to any and all. (Just like you going to get your hair done or cut, for example....public service)

Last edited by MB2; 04-28-2008 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty