Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 11:43 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,584,611 times

Advertisements

well that stinks then. I have free samples that have gone bad and will just be wasted now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 12:26 PM

13,309 posts, read 8,622,992 times
No.

It's a sales maneuver to get you to come back and get the product in a bottle designed to make you believe it's sealed from contaminates.

Go ask a chemist if the composition of the molecules change by storing them in plastic..glass ..etc.
Most things don't break down THAT quickly.

I keep my lotions in different casings..hasnt changed its quality..
Will say that sunlight and heat though play a bigger factor..

Old 09-05-2019, 01:24 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,112,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
How to Properly Store Your Vitamin C Serum

Nope. They were trying to be helpful.
Yes, this is probably why

Not everything is a sales tactic like people think, especially in retail sales.

Why not just use it as they suggest? I guess I don't get why you would wait more than a few days anyway.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:57 PM

If you get two samples in one day yeah it’s definitely easy to have life get in the way and not run home to immediately use them. I have a full time job and a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old so my skin sure as heck isn’t first on the list. But thanks! I am still going to ask for samples though. No way am I paying for what these things cost full price without trying first. And I’m still skeptical that they go bad after a day or two.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:25 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,690,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
If you get two samples in one day yeah it’s definitely easy to have life get in the way and not run home to immediately use them. I have a full time job and a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old so my skin sure as heck isn’t first on the list. But thanks! I am still going to ask for samples though. No way am I paying for what these things cost full price without trying first. And I’m still skeptical that they go bad after a day or two.
Did you get the chance to try your samples?

Old 09-12-2019, 03:45 PM

I did. I’ve actually been researching this as well. I’ve read articles that say the product will still be fine if it’s in a jar or the cover is left off for an extended period of time. One article even discusses a woman’s plight with leaving her jar of La Mer cream uncovered accidentally over night and assumed the $300 purchase was ruined. Her chemist friend told her no it wasn’t.

Today I went to Sephora and got another sample of a product. The person said, I’d try to use it tonight or it could go bad. It was a drunk elephant product. Not the vitamin C but interestingly enough there was a sign next to the drunk elephant vitamin c product that said to use it right away and not store it.

There seems to be conflicting opinions on this. I’d certainly not keep an expensive product shelved for months without using it. But yes people can accumulate a lot of products and you can’t use everything right away or all at once. So it does create a bit of a dilemma.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:21 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,690,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I did. I’ve actually been researching this as well. I’ve read articles that say the product will still be fine if it’s in a jar or the cover is left off for an extended period of time. One article even discusses a woman’s plight with leaving her jar of La Mer cream uncovered accidentally over night and assumed the $300 purchase was ruined. Her chemist friend told her no it wasn’t.

Today I went to Sephora and got another sample of a product. The person said, I’d try to use it tonight or it could go bad. It was a drunk elephant product. Not the vitamin C but interestingly enough there was a sign next to the drunk elephant vitamin c product that said to use it right away and not store it.

There seems to be conflicting opinions on this. I’d certainly not keep an expensive product shelved for months without using it. But yes people can accumulate a lot of products and you can’t use everything right away or all at once. So it does create a bit of a dilemma.
BUT....what did you think of the samples?

Old 09-13-2019, 12:08 PM

I liked them. They felt nice, smelled nice but can’t say I saw much of an effect on my skin after using them two or three times. I really wish more brands would do a trial size that would allow you to do 3 weeks. I’m simply not paying $80 to $100 for a smal bottle of something that may or may not give results.

I’ve discovered the ordinary recently which is very affordable. I have no problem paying $7.80 for a serum or oil to give it a full try. Kudos to the ordinary.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:25 PM

16,482 posts, read 12,771,146 times
When it comes to skincare products, samples are only really good for seeing if you have any sensitivities/reactions to the product. It usually takes more than 2-3 uses to see results.

Some products to have trial sizes (or travel sizes) that make it easier to try out products for a longer period. Drunk Elephant, for example has some of their products in a trial size bundle.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:16 PM

I think I did see the drunk elephant trial bag. $90 for the bag.

It’s just hard because even a very reputable brand might not work for someone but work great for someone else. A brand like Sunday Riley for example - it would be great if they did a trial size of good genes for like $50. But the reason they probably don’t is because most people would do the $50 one and not the $105 one ��*♀️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty