Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 05:52 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,554,350 times

Advertisements

If you’ve always had these lines why change them now? I’ve heard people complain about something called marionette lines but those are wrinkles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 10:16 AM

19,683 posts, read 12,265,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
If you’ve always had these lines why change them now? I’ve heard people complain about something called marionette lines but those are wrinkles.
Marionette lines can be folds as well, from sagging.

Old 10-10-2019, 04:43 AM

12 posts, read 8,874 times
To those say no one cares what you look like after 60- you just don’t get it. It’s not about looking good for someone else it’s about looking good for HERSELF!

I doubt she’s trying to look 40 or even 50... she wants to look good. Period.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:59 AM

11 posts, read 5,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
My mom had it done.
It looked strange for awhile. Got used to seeing no folds or lines.
But there is upkeep involved. After about 7 years she stopped.
She looked fresh and younger.
You are right

Old 05-03-2021, 11:54 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,603,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk016 View Post
Try facial exercises. Obviously, you won't get instant gratification, but, it's worth a try for awhile to see if it helps you. Do a search for face yoga to help naso-labial folds. You will get tons of exercises/information.
I don't believe that facial exercises are a good thing. It stretches the skin out and would cause sagging, seems to me. Wrinkles come from moving the face, so I think exercises of the face could cause wrinkles, too.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Try losing weight. The less fat on your face, the less there is to droop.
I accidentally did lose more weight. My face does look a bit better. But I'm a few lbs under what I consider a normal weight...I lost in my butt too! Maybe I can build the muscle there.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
Had that done last year, OP. My best advice is to first do your homework on the quality of the fillers as well as the cost, which can get a little steep but is still MUCH cheaper than a face lift. I had 2 syringes (1 in each side) of the folds then split a syringe at the corners of my mouth and a half syringe each at the cheekbones to add "lift". I would do it all again in a heartbeat and hoping to have it redone this Fall. I won't have to have half as much done though this time, just a bit at the cheekbones.

Juvederm is the best but Restylane is also excellent and slightly less expensive, which is what I opted for. Over a year later I still look better although I've noticed in the last month a slight sag around the lip corners. I feel 100% better about my appearance after doing it. You will have some puffiness the first 2 days then everything settles nicely. Even puffy I thought I looked better!

Imo, part of aging gracefully is maintaining your self esteem too. If it will help you feel more confident in your own skin again, go for it.
Thanks.

I went to an aesthetic place. I forget what substance they use (not juvederm), but it's $600/syringe. She said injecting the folds isn't what's needed. She said I'd lost volume in upper checks at sides of face (I have), so she'd use 1/2 syringe each side. Then lips just part of a syringe.

I'll go to another couple of places.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
One thing I've read about fillers (and I am not 100% sure it's true) is that they eventually stretch out the skin (because older skin does not bounce back once the fillers wear off) and cause more sagging, so you'll need more and more filler to make a positive difference. Thus leading to the infamous pillow-face look. Again, not sure if it's true for everyone, it may just apply to a minority.
In my research I've run across that, too. Then again, adding filler to an area where it USED to be fuller, wouldn't stretch the skin. It makes it closer to the fullness it was.

I can see where adding it to an area that hasn't been fuller....like maybe the lips?..might make the lips droop more after the filler wore off. But the upper cheeks on outside part of face, mine did used to be fuller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty