Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 03:40 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,434,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I don't care for beards at all, especially bushy ones. Husband had a moderate beard for ages, largely because he was finally able to grow one once he retired from the military. When he finally decided to shave it off, it took at least a decade off him. Thankfully, he is not planning to grow it back.
This. I don't find beards appealing at all. The bushier they are the less appealing they are. I just think of all the food and such that drips on them and.....just gross.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:41 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,434,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
And the women who claim they hate long beards and long hair, would bang Jason Momoa in a heartbeat.
No. I really don't find anyone with a beard like that attractive. At all. Instant turn-off for me.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:11 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,969,854 times
everyday maintained beards can be attractive. otherwise, no.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:12 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,318,301 times
Quote:
And the women who claim they hate long beards and long hair, would bang Jason Momoa in a heartbeat.
Yeah, maybe but the real question is...would he let us, hmmm?

Old 12-29-2018, 05:28 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,768,876 times
The puffy old-west/mountain-man/railroad beards are ridiculous looking on 99.9% of those who wear them, especially anyone under about 30.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,900,469 times
It depends I guess like anything else. Some guys can pull off the look while others can't.

I am fine with beards and don't mind them. I actually prefer some facial hair but don't mind either way.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:24 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Quote:

He doesn't fit in with the general shaggy beard guys. WAY above any guy with beards of any kind.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:33 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
No. I'm not a fan of beards.

Since my husband retired, he sometimes goes a few days without shaving. He gets to the point where he can't stand it anymore, then he shaves. It doesn't bother me because his beard doesn't grow very much anyway.

There's a guy who lives in our apartment building. He retired recently, got new glasses and grew a scruffy beard. We hadn't seen him in a while so when he came up to us to say "hello", I didn't recognize him right away. Scruffy beards can really change a man's appearance quite a bit!

Old 12-29-2018, 06:45 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,416,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I’d say most with shaggy beards don’t give a damn if people find them unattractive.
Then why are these particular males (for whom photos are posted here by myself) in the entertainment business (where "image" is EVERYTHING)??????

I can understand select males in the general population not giving a damn about affectional and sexual appeal. But entertainers? Is it just that they are too lazy to shave and/or trim daily? I'd think that it becomes cumbersome to maintain and deal with all that hair, that THAT would be more of a pain than simply keeping their facial/head appearance "manageable". I mean look at the photo of Joaquin Phoenix. Why would one want all that hair to surround their entire face and head each and every single day, year after year after year after year after year after year after year after decade after decade after decade after decade after decade???!!!???!????????

I'd imagine that, AS WELL, their nostrils and ears must be filled with a jungle of hair to contend with . . . as well as their underarms and everywhere else. Whew! I mean I can be lazy myself but THAT is super super super lazy. AND with all their wealth at their avail, they can have others maintain it all FOR them (trimming and tidying them up as needed) . . . so why look like this? Is it actually a FASHION choice on their part (i.e., that they actually LIKE looking like this)? Or is it just a reflection of simple super-uber laziness? But hey, "different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:53 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,488,538 times
My husband has all his hair plus a nice mustache all flecked with grey. He has never had a beard but occasionally will skip a day or two shaving when we camp.

Do I like beards? No, definitely not but if a man has his trimmed and not scraggly, it looks okay. If my DH wanted one , well, it would have to trimmed and not scruffy but he doesn’t like that food gets caught in one.

I have long hair, very long, well past my waist. I think we have enough hair in our family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty