Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:48 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,361,308 times

Advertisements

I know there are a few actresses don't shave their legs. Mayim Bialik who plays Amy Farrah Fowler on the Big Bang Theory is one as is some black woman from one of those talk shows which I never watch. Her legs look pretty bad because the hair is dark, Mayim's not so much. I just could never get into the whole hairy legs thing, it just doesn't seem feminine to me and I am a girly girl in most ways.

I am a widow and haven't been intimate with anyone in about 4-5 years. I shave for myself because I hate the feeling of stubble. However like a said in a previous post, it's been unusually cold here in Florida this season and I haven't had shorts on since October so I've been slacking with the shaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 08:18 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,890,748 times
You women have us men shaving places we never wanted to shave, and now you are growing furry legs ! Sorry, if a lady I was in a relationship with stopped grooming, we would be sleeping is separate beds. I am a leg man, and smooth, long legs are to die for.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,172,422 times
I like the way my legs look when they're shaven, (and tanned but that's a luxury). But during the winter I do it less frequently. It's the only hair on my body that I feel is really annoying. If society were kinder, I'd let my underarm hairs grow in the summer too but when people (mainly other women) all around me are gagging into sick bags it's easier to keep that part bare. I feel shallow in both these areas, lol!

My husband loves more hair on a woman - he thinks it indicates they are more sexual. I just think some of it looks more masculine.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 AM

11,094 posts, read 6,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You women have us men shaving places we never wanted to shave, and now you are growing furry legs ! Sorry, if a lady I was in a relationship with stopped grooming, we would be sleeping is separate beds. I am a leg man, and smooth, long legs are to die for.

You're funny, Don. I always like your posts. My husband is a self-avowed "leg man" and says the exact same thing about my unshaven "smooth, long legs". No stubble!

I think the majority of us who don't, is because you can't really see it or feel it. Now if I had dark hair, that's a whole other issue.......

It's not a lack of grooming, like we're going all dreadlocks on you! Just a grooming "choice".

Old 02-03-2018, 10:26 AM

1,316 posts, read 751,198 times
I don't shave legs in winter. I shave my pits because they get itchy, but if that weren't the case, I wouldn't bother. I'm very fair-skinned, and my leg hair is dark. Doesn't bother my husband in the least. My skin gets dry in the winter, and my best defense has been a sugar scrub that leaves almond oil on my skin. Trying to shave after using that just gums up the razor. I don't always shave in summer, either. I DO like the feel of freshly shaved legs, so that's why I shave at all. It's really not that big of a deal to be hairy!

Old 02-03-2018, 10:58 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,491,950 times
Quote:
Why do you think women started shaving their legs, and continue to do so? Look at how many women are saying it's because of men. Women have less body hair then men, but it's certainly there, and it takes time and effort to be "naturally" hairless. I certainly don't want to shave places I never wanted to shave, but I also don't want to be called "disgusting", either.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:03 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am always worried to fall off my motorcycle and end up in the ambulance where they cut off my pants and get grossed out by my thick black leg hair.
I figure they've already seen worse.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:31 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,909,886 times
I don't shave my legs, no matter what the season.

I also don't get all of the posters who are "disgusted" by body hair.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:39 PM

1,299 posts, read 826,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
And reminds me that I am neither "grossed out" nor "skeeved out" nor "disgusted by" by any part of my body.
I don't speak in terms of hating myself.
I agree. I find it sad, to be honest, when women talk about their bodies like that. It's one thing to prefer the smooth feeling of hairless, and a whole different thing to find your natural state disgusting.

Quote:
I don't "have" my husband shave anywhere. His body, his choice to do whatever he wants. I don't have long legs, so I'll never have "smooth, long" limbs no matter anyway. And for the record - not shaving is not the same thing as not grooming.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,250,243 times
I like to have a little stubble to hold my socks up.

I’m kidding. Yes, I shave in winter. It feels weird not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty