Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:38 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,032,722 times

Advertisements

Interesting. Non of you have sex that involves touching legs I guess. I am trying to be pretty for my partner, and shaving legs is one of the easier tasks to accomplish. My hair is black, so maybe that's another reason, you'll see it without trying if I am nude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 08:57 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.
I am single now, but I never had much even at he height of puberty. I never had hair above the knee. It Was patchy in my teens - moslty on my shins and knees. There was a small patch abor my ankle. It was also fairly fine then and now it is even finer. You can't see it or feel it since it is so sparse.

I get "your skin is so smooth" as the most common reaction, so my partners don't find it either. I am a dark skinned black woman and my hair is dark brown or something. So it is invisible since there isn't any contrast.

I end up shaving my legs every few months. My mom has no leg hair and pretty much never had it. My sister has some and needs to shave more than I do.

I shave other areas more often, but legs are unnecessary for me. I am sure the few strands left will just fall out soon enough. I also do not have arm hair. Technically there is some but it is super fine and sparse. You can't see it or feel it.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:17 AM

16,430 posts, read 12,568,334 times
Quote:
Interesting. Non of you have sex that involves touching legs I guess. I am trying to be pretty for my partner, and shaving legs is one of the easier tasks to accomplish. My hair is black, so maybe that's another reason, you'll see it without trying if I am nude.
Mine is so light and fine that you really can't see it unless you're SUPER close to my legs. And while I can feel that there's hair on my legs, it's soft, not stubbly. Certainly nothing that's going to put a partner off from sex.

And to be honest, 90% of the time, guys don't care about the stuff we think they do. Plus, we have to put up with face stubble (OUCH!), so they can deal with some leg hair! LOL

Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 AM

24,741 posts, read 11,066,957 times
Should that not be a question for the Frugal Forum - how to save on heating - wear your own fur? Duck!

Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 AM

11,094 posts, read 6,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Mine is so light and fine that you really can't see it unless you're SUPER close to my legs. And while I can feel that there's hair on my legs, it's soft, not stubbly. Certainly nothing that's going to put a partner off from sex.

And to be honest, 90% of the time, guys don't care about the stuff we think they do. Plus, we have to put up with face stubble (OUCH!), so they can deal with some leg hair! LOL

Amen to this. Never met a guy who cared about hair that's almost invisible. You have to be in exactly the perfect lighting to see it anyway. Husband always compliments my non-stubble legs, so he's good with it. I hate shaving. Got lasered a few years ago, so few dark ones are gone. I live in shorts all year 'round and just don't care about this stuff anymore. No one else seems to either.....blonds can have a lot of body hair but it's usually fine and not obvious. I'm so full of scars and sun-damage, some body hair is way down my list.....

Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,432,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm single right now, but if my boyfriend was unaware that women in general and I in particular are not naturally hairless, I'd worry about him. (None have ever cared.) I generally take care of what needs to be taken care of, but I'm not ashamed of having a body like those women who get up early to put on makeup or who never poop when the SO is home.
haha-sure...but what's the dividing line? So...everyone poops...that doesn't mean I'll do it every morning with the door open while he's lying in bed.

And yeah, I don't shave every day like when I was 15! But I certainly DO shave a couple times a week in the summer and maybe every week or so in the winter. I'd love to be a blonde with sparse hair, but I'm not...and part of my frequency is that I love the feeling of sheets on my smooth legs...mmmmmmm... so yup, I definitely take care of business as needed.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,342,297 times
Quote:
I am always worried to fall off my motorcycle and end up in the ambulance where they cut off my pants and get grossed out by my thick black leg hair. And then I am sitting in the hospital with a cast and my hair sticking out on bottom and top.

So yes, I shave.
I tried to rep yoi for giving me the best instant laugh out loud I've had in a long time!! Hilarious!

Old 02-01-2018, 11:49 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,352,032 times
Living in Florida, I definitely shave more often than when we lived in the north. Since we've had some cold spells, I've been wearing jeans so no shaving. LOL

When the weather warms and it's nice enough for shorts, I shave. It should be nice enough for shorts tomorrow

Old 02-01-2018, 12:00 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,032,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I tried to rep yoi for giving me the best instant laugh out loud I've had in a long time!! Hilarious!
ya know, I wasn't even kidding but I received a few reps with comments in it.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:30 PM

17,367 posts, read 12,321,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Currently, I'm single, but I've been a non shaver in relationships as well. And to be honest, none of them ever cared.
Yeah my wife lets it go longer in winter. It's not an issue. Aside from that initial stubble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty