Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM

242 posts, read 185,578 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing this on instagram and modeling photos everywhere. I don't get the appeal. I consider myself somewhat of a feminist but this seems trashy. I don't want to look at other women's crotches, but maybe it's for men, who knows.

Does anyone like this?

Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,081,160 times
No, it has nothing to do with men, but rather comfort. Not all women feel the need to sit with their knees together and ankles crossed at all times. I don’t see how it’s trashy. Maybe if they’re doing it with a mini skirt on, but when I looked it up it seemed like a large majority of the women were wearing pants or shorts. I dint see any pictures that I would consider vulgar.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 PM

242 posts, read 185,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, it has nothing to do with men, but rather comfort. Not all women feel the need to sit with their knees together and ankles crossed at all times. I don’t see how it’s trashy. Maybe if they’re doing it with a mini skirt on, but when I looked it up it seemed like a large majority of the women were wearing pants or shorts. I dint see any pictures that I would consider vulgar.
Really?? I've seen tons of instagram and ads where they are doing it while leaning back in a bikini. Total camel toe. Seems not to be for comfort all the time. I get just not sitting with your ankles together, but pushing your crotch out with little clothing and you might as well be naked in public.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,047,009 times
It's ugly.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:26 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,064,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
I'm seeing this on instagram and modeling photos everywhere. I don't get the appeal. I consider myself somewhat of a feminist but this seems trashy. I don't want to look at other women's crotches, but maybe it's for men, who knows.

Does anyone like this?
The younger you are the more nature tells you to mate and reproduce.

That is the driving force behind all the gawking at the opposite sex (or same sex depending on your orientation) reproductive body parts. People can't ignore this potent force of nature so they gawk at other nude people. As long as the gawking is done in a quite socially acceptable manner no harm no foul.

Get a little older and have a kid or two and the magic goes away.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,171,078 times
It's not really a movement that real-life women are doing. It's just a modeling trend, to pose like men do in traditional catalog photos:

These Celebrity Women Are Spreading Their Legs Is The Latest Photo Trend

Kind of like Diane Keaton wearing a man's suit in the 70s ....

Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,081,160 times
No... what’s wrong with her sitting on the side of a fountain?

Women in bikinis? I’m really not getting the big deal...

I would recommend you not going to the beach (or pool) if you find women in bikinis to be trashy.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:19 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,047,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No... what’s wrong with her sitting on the side of a fountain?

Women in bikinis? I’m really not getting the big deal...

I would recommend you not going to the beach (or pool) if you find women in bikinis to be trashy.
lolol. I've seen points fly right over heads, but this one takes the cake!

Old 01-04-2018, 05:20 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,466,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
Really?? I've seen tons of instagram and ads where they are doing it while leaning back in a bikini. Total camel toe. Seems not to be for comfort all the time. I get just not sitting with your ankles together, but pushing your crotch out with little clothing and you might as well be naked in public.
They're MODELS...they are doing it for MARKETING. It's not REAL so don't feel like you need to do anything you don't want to.

The pendulum swings - yeah, I do feel like not bunching myself up in a ball so as to keep out of the way so maybe I will relax a bit and "sprawl" ...with my crotch safely away from others, of course...no need to clutch at any pearls you might own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty