Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:29 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,923,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that a lot of the outfits that are clearly designed for women to wear while men ogle over them are...just really tacky?
Is this a great country or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 01:49 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,923,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Most women I know dress sexy for themselves not for men.
Reminds me of a classic interview of actress Angie Dickinson by Johnny Carson:

Johnny Carson: "Your dress is beautiful. Do you dress more for Men or for Women?"

Angie Dickinson: "I dress for women. I undress for men."

Old 10-02-2017, 08:33 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,086,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The pantyhose might give an even complexion on the legs, but it's so clear that the legs don't match any other part of the body. For some women, the color is waaaaay off. I just think it looks incredibly unnatural to wear freakin' pantyhose with a bikini. I'm aware that it's part of their uniform. That was my point. These are "uniforms" that are basically designed for men's viewing pleasure, and they're stupid and tacky.

Why can't these chicks wear pancake makeup on their legs, too, if they are worried about an uneven complexion or blemishes?

There you go. This is the "why". Men like skin. Go in most sports bars, and the waitresses and bar maids dress (in varying degrees) like this to get tips, and it works.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:43 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,092,516 times
I believe they also say the pantyhose are a health code thing (for Hooters). Where I work those around the food/drinks cannot have bare legs. If I have a dress/skirt on and have to go out into the food area I need to cover my legs with either pants or hose.

But they also require their hair to be down, which would concern me more than their legs

Old 10-03-2017, 04:34 PM

20,462 posts, read 14,797,918 times
I'm annoyed because I thought this thread was going to be about the terrible quality of certain sexy outfits. I mean like some of those pleather things, with the cheap little metal rivets that just come right off, or the lingerie that just looks like cheap garbage. It's awful. I don't know how anyone could feel sexy wearing that, and I don't know what kind of person you have to be, to find someone wearing it sexy. Might as well tie some Walmart bags around your torso or something. Horrible.

And tacky? Tacky like weirdly colored fishnet hose?

No. No, you're talking about regular old pantyhose on Hooters girls of all things... You have not BEGUN to plumb the depths of tacky.

Fake fur with exaggerated striped or spotted animal print with those hose and crazy pumps, there you go, and throw in some ridiculous shade of clashing lipstick and badly dyed hair. See now I've just described the old stereotype of a prostitute. And I STILL don't get it. What could possibly be appealing to a man in that kind of tacky? Is it a turn on to know a woman has horrible taste in clothes?

Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 AM

19,799 posts, read 12,354,168 times
The hooters uniform is more about the top.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:47 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,086,833 times
Look up pictures of Harlequin from the movie Suicide Squad.

Fishnets and short little shorts and looking tacky can be plenty sexy on the right person.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:59 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Wait a minute. You're talking about Hooters girl's uniforms? Being tacky? Well DUH!!!!! That's the whole point. "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Um, isn't tacky kind of the point?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty