Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 PM

1,517 posts, read 989,335 times

Advertisements

All the time. My mother's a vindictive backstabber who picked up the behavior from her mother. As a teenager it was one crass remark after another. Today it's still one crass remark after another but coming from them I've learned to take it as a compliment (in otehr words, the exact opposite of what they're saying.) because it's them that really have the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 04:02 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
When I was young I would run long runs in the summertime. One day I was finishing a long run, it was a very hot humid day, my hair was plastered to my head and I was drenched with sweat, exhausted and couldn't wait to get home to some ice water and air conditioning. A pickup truck load of guys drove by and barked at me. Not just one but the whole group. It started with barks and then angry vicious louder barking, then they slowed down and screamed out barking and howling "arrroooooo woo woo woo woooooooo!". I remember thinking "wow. okay." and I went home and chugged down my water, took a shower and called it a day.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:19 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,504,547 times
Subtly, twice I remember really well. Both times I was a 6th grader. Once my friend (?) was talking bout how pretty she was, and then said, "they say that if you're pretty when you're younger, you'll be ugly when you grow up, and if you're ugly now then you'll be pretty when you grow up." Then she looked at me and said "I guess you'll be gorgeous as a grownup."

A second time, my 6th grade teacher was saying her individual "goodbyes" at the end of the year. She said "oh, honey, maybe someday you'll be pretty like your (older) sister!"

I've also gotten compliments (definitely more compliments than insults) so I don't think I've ever been ugly. It takes all kinds. My husband thinks I'm pretty

Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Yes I have. I think most of us tall gals have been. I was tall ,thin and gangly. Took a while for the rest of me to catch up to my feet and ears. I always felt like an odd duck. I have a class pic of me in kindergarten. I'm taller than the teacher. I do have to admit that being called names and being picked on did give me an attitude. The Huz says I still have it.

Just recently a neighbor asked me to pick up some mulch on sale. We don't really socialize but I have a minivan and I don't mind. We go to Home Depot and the guys load me up. We get to her house and she tells me I will be unloading since I am an Amazon and that's what we do. She is small and feminine so I shouldn't expect her to do any unloading. Okay. Fine. I dumped it at the end of her drive out by the mail box. If she had asked me nice I would have unloaded it back by her flower beds. Us Amazons can get a little testy.

As a child I remember reading a book called The Ugly Duckling. I decided right then and there that I must be a Swan.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEssex_ View Post
By other people or have you ever insulted someone abouty their looks

I have been called world cup ears many times
Who hasn't been insulted about their looks.

I've been called every name in the book.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:17 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
I used to always do full hair and makeup before going out anywhere. One day I had to run to the store, no makeup, hair flat and wearing my glasses. I ran into a guy I knew, just an acquaintance. He looked at me in horror, and said Oh my god, what? Is that you? Wow! You look really.... different, wow...and he's making sour faces.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:10 PM

247 posts, read 198,004 times
Yes I have, but not by people close to me. I was called fat/huge/whale etc when I was a child and teen (and very overweight). I have been called ugly as well. Now if I get a rude comment it is usually about my body being or looking 'fake'. The weight comments hurt me deeply but the other comments do not get to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty