Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:22 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,534,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Sounds like something a little kid would say to an adult!! That was funny!!
I could not stop laughing. Honestly, I could say teh same type of thing pretty easily - I am a big one for inserting the old foot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 10:30 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,164,127 times
Where I grew up my neighborhood was mostly White and I attended private school. When I was in the 6th grade "Roots" debuted and a boy started calling me "Kizzy" and the other kids picked it up. It really hurt my feelings and I cried a lot that year.

Later the boy and I went to different private high schools and we met again at a dance. He asked me out on a date and I laughed in his face and couldn't stop laughing. "Kizzy" grew up to be rather pretty in h.s., what a creep!

Old 09-24-2017, 11:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,137,066 times
Not in real life. But trolls on online dating sites have proactively reached out to me to call me lovely things like “ugly gorilla.” It happens a few time a year.

What made no sense to me is that these are people that live nowhere near me. Haven’t visited their pages. Would not be a type I would search for. So basically they are so lame they are bored enough to just go look for black women to send nasty messages to. Sad.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:56 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,442,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Too many times to count honestly. In fact, just last week during an argument, my ex texted me “Dumb ugly a*s. You’re f***ing ugly let me tell you that. I only said those things to make you feel good. But you’re a*s is ugly and weird looking. That’s why you was bullied. I’m glad you was.”
Well, your ex could use some grammar classes.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:58 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,442,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMeriMarry View Post
I am not overweight. Although I'm sixty, I'm often told I look ten years younger. However, that doesn't stop a certain relative from making scathing remarks about how I look old, fat, and ugly.

It used to bother me a lot but now I realize it's her problem not mine.
Sounds like she's jealous.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:30 PM

710 posts, read 591,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, your ex could use some grammar classes.
Lol, that’s what I thought when I originally read it.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:33 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,423,399 times
No. Not really. In middle school I'd get comments about being tall and curvy and wearing women's size clothes.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:52 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,645,036 times
Not to my face, ever. One kid in high school said I wore "granny panties" which to this day I don't understand, because...I didn't. Another girl said I should be a model, which at first I thought she was saying sarcastically, but I think she meant it. I'm too short to be a model for sure, and I don't have the body type at all, but I have a unique face (I look like my dad and he's Puerto Rican via Spain/France). I still think it was nice of her to say.

This thread reminds me of another experience as a teenager when my mom brought myself and my cousin, who was a young boy at the time, to a fast food place. An older Latino man came up to us and told my mom she had a "very handsome son" and then said nothing about me, lol. I wasn't all that hurt but I did wonder why he ignored me. My mom said it was because my cousin was blond and blue-eyed -- that those features were more unique to Latinos -- and that if I went to the Scandinavian countries or a place where there were many blonds, they'd find me just as unique as he found my cousin. I always remembered that

Old 09-24-2017, 06:52 PM

36,193 posts, read 18,615,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Too many times to count honestly. In fact, just last week during an argument, my ex texted me “Dumb ugly a*s. You’re f***ing ugly let me tell you that. I only said those things to make you feel good. But you’re a*s is ugly and weird looking. That’s why you was bullied. I’m glad you was.”
Yeah, you should have said "well, duh, I know. If I had better looks, do you think I would have settled for having sex with YOU?"

My guess is, randomguy, you're completely average looking.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,516,706 times
Not recently, but when I was a child I was ridiculed for having red hair. At the time, I believed that being a ginger made me ugly, but once I was a teenager, I realized that my hair was striking and truly beautiful. I still think it's my best physical trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty