Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 07:39 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,049,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
if my spouse every pulled something like this I would say we were not going until the underwear came off.
Take a hike, the guy can wear whatever the **** he wants to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 07:55 PM

1,149 posts, read 937,265 times
I completely understand. My BF does the same thing. I always question why he wears boxers under swimming trunks. I do not. In summer time, the less clothes, the better for me.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:20 PM

857 posts, read 962,596 times
the name is a hint

Old 06-28-2017, 08:35 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,364,823 times
I guess this thread adds a whole new meaning to the term "mens' junk".

Old 06-28-2017, 09:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
A mans underwear was peaking out of the top of his swimsuit at the public pool and my first reaction was " yuck". Never in my life have I heard of this or seen this before. I asked my husband about it that night and he said some guys do this, but he doesn't and agreed it's kind of gross. Of course there's a lot of gross things about a public pool if you think about it!
What's gross about it?

Old 06-28-2017, 10:08 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,684,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Take a hike, the guy can wear whatever the **** he wants to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What's gross about it?

First of all, no he can not. You better do what your wife tells you and even she knows something is wrong with this situation. Why not just go in underwear alone, naked, or maybe just in khakis and a button up shirt.

Second, it's gross because underwear is what you wear on a daily basis. I've heard of stained underwear by various types of bodily fluids and solids, but not in swimwear. I don't want underwear that's been worn on a regular basis. and absorbed anything leaking from the body, floating next to me in the pool.

I would like to keep my illusion of pool cleanliness.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:08 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,163,358 times
no undies under swim trunks for me. I bring a pair to wear, after the beach/ pool day. underwear are for kids, or for the shy guy with the shrinkage complex. I personally find it gross, like wearing denim /walking shorts in the water, or jumping in the water with just the undies on.

swimwear is either in a brief, used like a brief, or as trunks, with the mesh liner. You wont see women wear panties under their bathing suits, why should it be ok for men? even with quick dry underwear, you will still get sand in those tight places.

Tell you men to wear with out undies, and maybe trim the grass, so it wont look so messy.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:34 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Second, it's gross because underwear is what you wear on a daily basis. I've heard of stained underwear by various types of bodily fluids and solids, but not in swimwear. I don't want underwear that's been worn on a regular basis. and absorbed anything leaking from the body, floating next to me in the pool.
Do men's swimwear have some sort of invisible force field that keeps bodily fluids inside the body?

There is nothing that stops men from wearing old dirty swimwear, so I don't see why they're automatically cleaner then underwear. If anything, I would think the type of man who would wear dirty, stained underwear would also wear dirty, stained swimwear.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:25 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,127,168 times
Aha! This thread just helped me understand why my son “fusses” with his swimming suit so much!

He’s 13 but he has Autism & is not able to tell me what’s wrong. Unless we are going somewhere with handicapped/family (private) shower rooms he has to change before we get there & he is constantly trying to sneak his undies back on!

One day I had to undress/redress him 5 times before we left. He has about 6 different trunks because I keep trying to get him more comfortable but after reading this thread I realized that they ALL have that mesh liner inside. Last week he almost ripped a pair right off at poolside & all he could say was “But the tag! The tag!” (& I had already removed the tag)”

Well; now I know ... poor kid; this has gone on every summer for the past few years!

Old 06-29-2017, 02:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,261,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
I do this sometimes (depending on the type of swim-suit) and find it way more comfortable. I also know lots of other guys who do. However, the key distinction: i'm not wearing cotton. I'm wearing the only underwear I ever wear which is athletic, fast-drying, performance material boxer briefs. You also can't ever see it through my swimsuit nor the waistband above the swimsuit.
OP....Buy your hubby the underwear this poster describes so he is more comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty