Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,538,414 times

Advertisements

I''m a guy and am at a loss to understand "needs support" as a reason the wearing underwear under a bathing suit...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 02:38 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,141,190 times
No, my husband does not wear underwear under his board shorts or any of his other bathing suits.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
All four men in my house (husband and 3 sons) do this. They say they need it for support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I''m a guy and am at a loss to understand "needs support" as a reason the wearing underwear under a bathing suit...
You're at a loss?

Okay, he's got a huge penis. Really big. They all do. Those mesh thingies don't do a thing to keep them from scaring folks at the beach.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:46 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,711,086 times
There are compression-like shorts meant to be worn under board shorts and wetsuits for aquatic sports (think surf brands). Or he could just wear jammers under his shorts. These all look at home in the water, not like a pair of Fruit of the Looms or something.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:36 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,683,131 times
I've never heard of this. My experience is like another poster--before lined bathing suits were common we wore jockstraps. Now there is no need for them. I always buy lined bathing suits, and I would think it would be difficult to find unlined ones.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:20 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,801,751 times
The only time it bothers me is when they wear the undies on the outside of the swim trunks.

I'll have to ask my husband if he wears his underpants under his trunks. I never noticed. He doesn't go swimming often.

I made a mistake a few years ago when I hit the beach in a tank top. The wetter it got, the more droopy and elastic it became. I thought I'd get arrested for indecent exposure! People were probably thinking, "I wish that woman would put some big underpants on and pull them up to her bazooooms."

Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM

34,133 posts, read 83,145,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You're at a loss?

Okay, he's got a huge penis. Really big. They all do.
It ain't about the franks... it's all about the beans.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
It ain't about the franks... it's all about the beans.
For sure, to a greater degree LOL, and I was trying to be modest about it but apparently you have to spell it out for some people.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:42 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,685,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
My husband always wears underwear with his bathing suit (boxer briefs and and long, short-style suit). It drives me nuts. Why? Do a lot of other guys do this? It probably wouldn't bother me that much if you couldn't tell, but you can see the waistband peeking out of the top of the shorts when they get wet. You can also see his skivvies through the suit sometimes when it gets wet.

I never say anything to him, but seriously, do other guys do this? I never seem to see other huys at the pool or beach wearing their undies.
This is unacceptable behavior, unless he's over 80 and senile, then it's only questionable. I'm a male, but if my spouse every pulled something like this I would say we were not going until the underwear came off. That's not negotiable. The first time I saw something like this, I would have refused to go.

Everything is floating in the water, let it float. Tell him to stop these shenanigans and act like a normal human being. My only other advice is the next time you go to the pool is to put on some big granny panties and let them hang out of your bathing suit or put a bra on the outside and tell him you need some extra support while swimming.

My only thought is that he might think his skin is visible under the suit when wet.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:31 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,758,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
What? I've NEVER heard of this! My husband looked at me like I was a crazy person when I asked him about this.
LOL! I literally just saw this the other day so had to laugh when I saw this thread!!

A mans underwear was peaking out of the top of his swimsuit at the public pool and my first reaction was " yuck". Never in my life have I heard of this or seen this before. I asked my husband about it that night and he said some guys do this, but he doesn't and agreed it's kind of gross. Of course there's a lot of gross things about a public pool if you think about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty