Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times

Advertisements

Where to find pants/jeans? I have some kids 14's that I like, but anymore, they all have glitter/sequins, etc. - so I haven't had much luck lately. The regular petite lines in Macy's/Lord & Taylor (closest stores) don't usually fit (sometimes a 2 works) - I have Express Jeans but they are actually a bit short even though I am. Limited does have SOME things that fit, but not much.

I'm very short-waisted if that fits any of you gals (about 5' - 95-100 lbs.). HELP - I need some business casual clothes for work as well as nice looking things for every day. Don't even get me started on around the house clothes (sweats, etc.) - I buy kids but wouldn't want to be seen in them, would LOVE though to find sweats and legging type pants that FIT.

Appreciate any tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,462,573 times
Generally I find for my size (although I'm about an 1 1/4 inches taller then you) I need to buy more expensive jeans (I am also short waisted). Paige jeans fit well & as do Seven jeans. It all depends on what shoes you are wearing the pants with as to how long you need them though. I definitely have to wear jeans that sit low on the hip (thank God for that trend!) and the high waisted jeans I just can't allow myself to purchase...

Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
I'm small as well - although a tad taller, but same weight range. I do wear the low rise jeans. I have found ones I love at PacSun. I have also, on occasion, found some at Kohl's.
As far as around the house sweats, I got some recently at Target that I really like.

Can't really help with the business casual though....

I always have to shop Jr. departments. I have always found that the petite sections, while they may have the smaller clothes, I don't like the styles.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:34 PM

324 posts, read 882,969 times
Try shopping online because stores like Ann Taylor LOFT often carry more sizes online than in stores. They have a variety of ranges from petites to maternity, I've heard fabulous things about their selection of sizes. The line also seems to have something for a variety of occasions, from weekend casual to dressy.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
b75

For work wear I find that Ann Taylor petites section usually fits me...Of course you pay for it but it looks good & they have a clearance section too. Loft tends to be more casual so it depends how dressy you need to be. And once you know your sizes in various brands it is true you can order online from there. Generally most stores I find stock very little to hardly anything in my size, which makes me angry b/c if they sell out that fast with the things they do buy in my size maybe just maybe there is a market for us too you know?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:30 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,422 times
the daisy feuantes jeans in patite are really nice at Khols,first pair of jeans I bought that did not hvae the tiny short legs, its like mos manafactures think that if you are short you have thyees tiny short legs.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I shop at J.C. Penney in the petite section, but they may not have anything small enough to fit you. I'm also five feet tall, but weigh 125 to 130 (if it's a good day vs. a bad day - haha). Still, the prices are reasonable, so you may want to check it out.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
I shop the Chadwick's catalogue and they have been sized right for me. I also go to the Coldwater Creek outlets. Bought a couple of pairs of pants in Williamsburg last year and the fit was perfect!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I ordered some 2's from Chadwicks - didn't work - I'll have to check Kohl's again (PacSun I don't think is around me - maybe in DC, but not convenient)

What REALLY annoys me is the sizing difference - I have clothes from WAY back, that are size 5 and fit - I now have to look for 0/1/2 - but they are the SAME size.

There needs to be consistency in sizing - several yrs. ago the clothing companies all changed (i.e., they made the clothes larger - do they think people are stupid enough to think: "Wow" I can wear a size "_" I must have lost weight.

What about the people that used to wear the regular sizing?

Sorry to rant - I am so tired of the upsizing.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
b75

I agree!!! I really don't think you are going to find anything in an economical price. I gave up awhile ago. It isn't worth the frustration for me. I may not have the money to be spending, but at least I don't look like a hobo when I leave the house in clothing that I don't feel fits properly!

Paige jeans to quote the salesgirl are cut "small" (which just means normal in my mind)...so try them size 24 (inch waist) is what I get (that is the smallest size)..They are expensive but honestly it is worth it to spend double or even triple the price that you would elsewhere and have something that fits versus throwing your money in the garbage & feeling like a ragamuffin when you walk out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I ordered some 2's from Chadwicks - didn't work - I'll have to check Kohl's again (PacSun I don't think is around me - maybe in DC, but not convenient)

What REALLY annoys me is the sizing difference - I have clothes from WAY back, that are size 5 and fit - I now have to look for 0/1/2 - but they are the SAME size.

There needs to be consistency in sizing - several yrs. ago the clothing companies all changed (i.e., they made the clothes larger - do they think people are stupid enough to think: "Wow" I can wear a size "_" I must have lost weight.

What about the people that used to wear the regular sizing?

Sorry to rant - I am so tired of the upsizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty