Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 01:06 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,593,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is a link between BPA, hormones and food and other "additives" that are causing early puberty and increased breast size. This is increasing our exposure to estrogen.

As a few people pointed out, breasts are made up of fat and glandular tissue. People with denser breasts with more glandular tissue than fat, tend to retain much of their breast mass through weight changes, and their breasts have lower amounts of fat. And as previously mentioned, not everyone stores their fat on their breasts. So yes, some people gain weight and their breast size increases. But it isn't a simple or consistent pattern. Increased weight can explain some instances of larger breasts, but we still have way more people, with larger breasts, that are unrelated to weight.

Here is a daily mail article that alludes to this trend of increased estrogen in our food:
Why ARE women's breasts getting bigger? The answers may disturb you... | Daily Mail Online

Here is more research (and links) to early puberty causes.
Girls' Early Puberty: What Causes It, And How To Avoid It | The Huffington Post

As a kid, I remember going through puberty pretty early, and it is nothing compared to kids now! I started at age 10-11, while my peers ended up going through it closer to 13-14. Now it isn't uncommon for 8-9 years olds to start developing breasts!

My breast size increased really really quickly, I skipped training bras altogether. By the time I was 12 I was wearing a D-cup bra (although I now know I was improperly sized). I reached my "adult size" at age 15-16 or so and my breasts have roughly stayed the same size through various weight changes over the years.
I agree 100% ! The food-chain unhealthy and not fit for consumption, and to even refer to it as food is wrong! I was 14 myself and up to 16 was the norm in my days. Today I have friends with grandchildren who are having monthly's by age 8-9 and fully developed .. Ugh! Not normal or healthy, the risk of many conditions/diseases even cancers double as well, due to the higher Estrogen that pretty much in everything these days, to the food and even water we consume...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 02:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
I agree 100% ! The food-chain unhealthy and not fit for consumption, and to even refer to it as food is wrong! I was 14 myself and up to 16 was the norm in my days. Today I have friends with grandchildren who are having monthly's by age 8-9 and fully developed .. Ugh! Not normal or healthy, the risk of many conditions/diseases even cancers double as well, due to the higher Estrogen that pretty much in everything these days, to the food and even water we consume...
Why would estrogen be in the water?

Old 11-29-2016, 03:25 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chili View Post
I don't know, could be related to the economy too. When the economy took a nose dive a few years back they were offering all sorts of plastic surgery deals.
Most of the people I know who had plastic surgery didn't have it here. They go to places like Brazil where it's cheaper and the result is the same. People are getting things done.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:57 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Oh no, the poor plastic surgeons will need to send their kids to public school.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh no, the poor plastic surgeons will need to send their kids to public school.
Too funny. Too true.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:40 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Phytoestrogens in the food and water supply.

I predict that, if a study were done, breast size per body weight would be higher in lower-income areas. A healthy lifestyle probably counters the trend toward bigger natural boobs.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:47 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,593,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

https://chestsculpting.com/the-dange...rinking-water/

Old 11-30-2016, 08:53 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,475 times
Well, some implants look nice and can improve a woman's appearance if done properly by the surgeon (ie they don't go to a ridiculously large size and don't leave a lot of scarring). However, as a man who has touched and, um, done other things with both natural breasts and breasts with implants, I much prefer the feel of natural breasts.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:04 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
A lot of women keep saying they don't dress to impress males but I've seen tons of women who mold themselves to conform to the typical male preferences. The same thing for males who often like to show off their wares. Like some women I know say, some women would do anything to get attention.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Phytoestrogens in the food and water supply.

I predict that, if a study were done, breast size per body weight would be higher in lower-income areas. A healthy lifestyle probably counters the trend toward bigger natural boobs.
Phytoestrogens? How would they get into the water supply?

If they're in the water supply, how would they differentiate between people living a healthy lifestyle, and those who don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty