Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:39 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,793,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK, you guys. The millennial women in my extended family are not busty. Nowhere close. Very small. Maybe it seems like young women are bustier because a higher percentage are overweight than in past generations?

And I think boobs are still very in. Men are still noticing boobs. They will always notice boobs. It's not like they suddenly decided they're not interested in boobs, and are unfazed by them now. Men are still into boobs. It's hard-wired into them.
We are, but the size of them isn't as important to me as the rear. Getting a bigger butt doesn't cost a dime or require artificial enhancement, so it's a more realistic goal for most ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 09:36 PM

13,276 posts, read 7,326,738 times
The facts are our body's change as time for different reasons woman decide they would like to have their breast look different then they are some want larger, some want smaller or lifted I haven't seen any changes to earths gravity or how fast we age so I doubt Breast implants popularity will ever change.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
No, most of those wants won't change, but reductions of course aren't implants and lifts don't always involve inserting implants - plus there is some room for improvement in using fat transfer instead of implants.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is a link between BPA, hormones and food and other "additives" that are causing early puberty and increased breast size. This is increasing our exposure to estrogen.

As a few people pointed out, breasts are made up of fat and glandular tissue. People with denser breasts with more glandular tissue than fat, tend to retain much of their breast mass through weight changes, and their breasts have lower amounts of fat. And as previously mentioned, not everyone stores their fat on their breasts. So yes, some people gain weight and their breast size increases. But it isn't a simple or consistent pattern. Increased weight can explain some instances of larger breasts, but we still have way more people, with larger breasts, that are unrelated to weight.

Here is a daily mail article that alludes to this trend of increased estrogen in our food:
Why ARE women's breasts getting bigger? The answers may disturb you... | Daily Mail Online
Jade, I'd like to see a scientific source discussing this, rather than a tabloid. The theory the doctor they interviewed was promoting doesn't pan out in real life. One thing she says is that, because women are delaying childbirth and having less children overall, they're exposed to more estrogen throughout their lifetime, and that leads to bigger breasts. If that were true, childless women with small to virtually no breast development shouldn't exist, but they're everywhere, at all ages. Her theory also would result in women's breast size growing by the decade, throughout adulthood, and that doesn't happen, either, except in some cases where pregnancy can cause a permanent change. She also says to take a look at photos of Victorian women, who tended to have a lot of kids; she said they "probably" are flat-chested (she hasn't researched it). But that couldn't be further from the truth.

The millennial women I know and those that I see in college towns aren't curvy.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:03 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
I know 2 women that got breast reductions and their breast grew back and 1 is getting the reduction done again for the 2nd time.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:15 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
There is a woman that married my step son..Her and her sister went out one day and both got boob jobs...that was a long time ago. Now one of her implants is leaking...and she is bugging my eldest daughter for money to get it fixed. The daughter refused...not her problem
Yeah I know 3 women that had to get their implants replaced due to leaking however it is advised to have them replaced every 10 years but most women don't do that.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jade, I'd like to see a scientific source discussing this, rather than a tabloid. The theory the doctor they interviewed was promoting doesn't pan out in real life. One thing she says is that, because women are delaying childbirth and having less children overall, they're exposed to more estrogen throughout their lifetime, and that leads to bigger breasts. If that were true, childless women with small to virtually no breast development shouldn't exist, but they're everywhere, at all ages. Her theory also would result in women's breast size growing by the decade, throughout adulthood, and that doesn't happen, either, except in some cases where pregnancy can cause a permanent change. She also says to take a look at photos of Victorian women, who tended to have a lot of kids; she said they "probably" are flat-chested (she hasn't researched it). But that couldn't be further from the truth.

The millennial women I know and those that I see in college towns aren't curvy.
Google "At What Age Do Your Breast Stop Developing" (look for the Real Self page, which wouldn't be appropriate to post here). Up until that age, estrogen usually will noticeably affect growth, more so depending on estrogen sensitivity. The doctor probably is right that delayed childbirth is contributing to larger breasts. (Real Self even says, "some experts feel that the woman's breast may stop developing after the have had children.") Also, exposure to environmental estrogen varies according to many factors. Short answer: it's possible that many modern women's breasts are bigger due to estrogen while others' boobs are unaffected.

And wasn't it popular in Victorian times to dress in voluminous clothing to look hourglass-shaped? Without extremely rare naked pictures, breast size from the era is very hard to judge.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:00 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,874 times
Maybe it is because women are wisening up and realizing the risks of anesthesia, sepsis and/or autoimmine diseases are not worth it. Yes in reality you are paying to have filled plastic bags inserted in your chest. You are taking a chance of destroying your health for vanity. There is nothing sexy or desireable about plastic bags shoved in your chest. Just be real whether you are large, small, flat or whatever. Boobs are not the only thing that make a woman.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
And wasn't it popular in Victorian times to dress in voluminous clothing to look hourglass-shaped? Without extremely rare naked pictures, breast size from the era is very hard to judge.
No, the thing in Victorian times was to use corsets to force a small waist, and to push the breast tissue up. But in order for that to work, one had to have generous breast tissue to work with. It seems that most did, back in those days.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:24 PM

Perhaps so. I don't know enough about Victorian clothing to say whether much enhancement was used in or atop the breasts. I am fairly confident that British women then were relatively busty compared to other ethnic groups, as they are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty