Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,784,397 times

Advertisements

I've been kind of bothered about the crows feet around my eyes for about a year or two now. When my face is just at rest, one cannot notice wrinkles, but when I smile, it's like BAM.... getting some crows feet showing up. I look at pics of myself from when I was 26 or 27 and I notice I didn't really have any them. They prob started developing from 29 onward.... Anyway, I decided to make an appt with a doctor who kind of specializes in "injectables." I did some extensive research asI wanted to make sure I was going to a reputable place to have this done.

So, today, I went for a consultation. I wanted to ask questions, etc. By the end of the consultation I was getting botox injected into my face. I hadn't really planned for that, I was going to go on the consult and think "think about it" after....but I think I thought about it enough, so by the end of the consult, I was ready.

I got a very "conservative treatment" done. My fear is looking like a freaking nutcase with my face frozen, so I stressed to the doctor that I want it to look as natural as possible. I basically want those lines "softened"...not eliminated. Having wrinkles around the eyes is natural and I was careful to stress how I wanted to maintain those natural wrinkles, but I just wanted them to be not as deep looking.

The actual injecting part took maybe all of 3 to 5 minutes. It was so done quickly. I couldn't believe it. The doc could tell I was nervous and I think he was trying to make conversation with me as he injected, but I just concentrating on not moving my face or flinching, etc, so I wasn't super chatty as he's sticking needles in my face. But it was pretty painless... It was like a little pinch and I had these raised lumps for about 4 minutes after. .

By the time I paid and got to my car...maybe 10 mins later, the raised bumps were completely gone. There was a bit of redness, almost like small mosquito bites, but now 2 hours after the treatment, they're gone too. There is virtually no indication that I got anything done, so far.

The doc said it "peaks" at about 2 weeks, but can see changes within 48 to 72 hours. He also informed me it will last anywhere from three to five months. So, here I am back at home, having had botox put in to my face. Curious to see what the results will be. So far, no side effects or anything really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 06:36 PM

15,755 posts, read 15,976,590 times
How much was it?

Old 10-27-2016, 08:22 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,752,350 times
This is one things I'd never even consider but to each their own.

If it makes you happy and feel better then more power to you.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:23 AM

2,515 posts, read 1,723,461 times
I'm happy the way I look. My self esteem is very high and how people think I look means nothing to me.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:36 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,451,973 times
Whatever works for you. I think Botox and other cosmetic procedures instantly age a person. Usually. But if it made a difference to you and made you feel better about yourself then that's good.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:48 AM

20,775 posts, read 20,214,571 times
Sooooooooooooo, how do you like the result?

Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,786,466 times
Botox and crows feet at 32 years old? I wish I could say what I really think, but I'll refrain.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:45 AM

20,775 posts, read 20,214,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Botox and crows feet at 32 years old? I wish I could say what I really think, but I'll refrain.
I spoke to a dermatologist and he said I would be surprised how many women in their late 20s already get botox. Insane!

OP lives in Miami - the city of the young and beautiful. Maybe he feels the need to fit in.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:53 PM

18,732 posts, read 19,086,001 times
If you can afford it and it makes you happy , and your dont mind this stuff being injected into your body then on you go... but honestly you cant have wrinkle worries at your age, your just a young man...

Old 10-27-2016, 12:59 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,589,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
I'm happy the way I look. My self esteem is very high and how people think I look means nothing to me.
I'm 49 and have had nothing done despite lots of crows feet. I have a buddy that got botox and you can instantly tell she had the work done, because it makes her face look unnatural. She had an injection between her eyebrows and at the outside corners of her eyes, and the skin doesn't move at all when she smiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty