Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:53 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,175,752 times

Advertisements

I'm a bit vain but not that vain.

The closest I came to Botox was from my eye doc. My eyelids were twitching, driving me crazy. I had an eye exam and everything was normal so my doc offered to inject Botox into my eyelids! No thanks!

I saw my primary doc and he gave me some Lexapro for a few months. That worked. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 07:39 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,764,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I'm a bit vain but not that vain.

The closest I came to Botox was from my eye doc. My eyelids were twitching, driving me crazy. I had an eye exam and everything was normal so my doc offered to inject Botox into my eyelids! No thanks!

I saw my primary doc and he gave me some Lexapro for a few months. That worked. Lol
Isn't lexapro an anti-deperssant?

Old 10-29-2016, 05:31 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,523,190 times
I've been wondering if this works for those lines by your nose...? That's really my main issue.

Also, don't even people in their early-mid 20's get it now? Like celebrities and rich people...seems like all those people get plastic surgery these days, due to the social media crap. Like Bella Hadid (google if you don't know...) obvious plastic surgery, yet she looks so gorgeous and natural...also seems like she must have had botox or something, because her face is totally smooth (unless that's just some filter or something), like amazing, but not quite natural, since even teens get creases and stuff. But whatever it is, I want some, lol.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:32 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,523,190 times
Also, you could just use an eye cream? (or maybe you already do?). I know that's not usually a guy thing, but if you're doing botox...lol.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:16 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,175,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Isn't lexapro an anti-deperssant?
Yes, but it can also be used for anxiety which I had in spades after a job promotion and 2-year old twins.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:53 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,344,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I'm glad i tried it and I am happy with it. Jury is still out on whether this will be something I will consistently do. Honestly, I'm leaning more toward no..... maybe for like special occasions or something every couple of years, but not like a once every 3 to 4 months thing.
I do Botox or Xeomin every so often. I don't "keep it up." I guess I was 39 or 40 the first time I had it done. Since then, I've maybe had it 4 times. I had it about 5 months ago, and she said the time before that was 3 years ago (according to my chart). So it's not something I do regularly. I like it and like the effect on my face. I use it in the lines between my eyebrows, and it has the added benefit of smoothing out my forehead lines and even arching my eyebrows a little. It doesn't make the lines go away 100%. It doesn't make me look plastic or immobile. It just eases my resting ***** face a little.

I can't put my finger on WHY exactly, but I think I like the Xeomin better than the Botox. Xeomin takes a little longer to "set up" -- about a full week. I think they say that the Botox works better, but that could be why I like the Xeomin better. I don't feel like I have a frozen face with the Xeomin and it looks pretty natural. (I don't have side-by-side photos of myself to do the comparison, and as stated above, I don't do the treatment regularly enough to judge by memory. I just have the impression that the Xeomin has a softer, more natural effect on my face while still giving me the benefit I'm paying for.)

Old 11-06-2016, 12:24 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,208,692 times
32 is very young to start using Botox, but I did hear recently that the good thing about starting Botox while you are still young is that the frozen expression, a common Botox effect, helps the face ward off wrinkling due to less movement of the facial muscles.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:32 AM

14 posts, read 7,245 times
I do not think that at 32 years you should to get botox. But if you feel that you need it. It is definitely your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty