Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:18 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,115,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I think that's another aspect to this. Whether or not someone has kids is going to impact laundry based decisions. At least for me it does. I feel like all I'm every doing is laundry, or folding and putting away laundry, and 99% of the time it's not mine.
LOVE your "laundry based decisions" line!! That is awesome phrasing! And so true, for me too, at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 04:37 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,748,959 times
Hygiene hypothesis anyone? You can be too clean.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:09 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And...we have air conditioning.
It doesn't prevent boob sweat. It's a thing that happens ... occasionally.

I HATE bras. If I can get away with not wearing one, I will.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:51 AM

1,640 posts, read 796,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
LOVE your "laundry based decisions" line!! That is awesome phrasing! And so true, for me too, at least.
Lol i'm sure I'm also not the only one who has rooms that have been repurposed as laundry Central. No matter how hard I try my dining room table is typically loaded with clean laundry that is being folded for the kids. The only time it's ever really cleared off is when we are having company. My children easily go through two outfits a day, sometimes three in the warm months. Then, what about cycling through the clothes? My husband plays no role in these efforts. I'm constantly cycling by age. Putting away the 2Ts busting out the 3Ts. Giving away the less than 12 months looking for the 18 months. Ha! Forget about cleaning my clothes every day. If Something doesn't have poop on it back in the drawer goes.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,188,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Because they don't own enough most often. Nice bras are expensive and many women can't afford several. Also bras should be hand washed and that's a hassle. And even if they are machine washed, they have to wait until there is enough laundry to make a load. That is not my practice, mind you, as I own several. But it's common.
This was a good answer.

My everyday "real" bras cost over $50 usually, some even are custom made, which runs over $100. Machine wash means they do wear out quicker but I am often lazy and put them in the washer.

The best I can do is was more in the summer (more sweating) and when I am not out/working/social I wear no bra at home or a 'round the house cotton bra that doesn't support much. The cats don't mind if my bra isn't clean

I do use a cotton sweat band thingy in the summer to help deal with boob sweat; that gives an extra layer of protection from yucky.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
I cannot believe this thread is 27 pages long.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,334,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
No way did I read through this entire thread, but here's something I'm actually MORE curious about- and I know it should actually be in a new thread but I'm too lazy to start one .
When did it become okay to wear a dress with a low back and wear a regular bra so that everyone can see the whole back of it? The young woman I saw doing this looked like she was wearing an old, kind of frayed bra too! Maybe she was washing it too much??

I think we can thank Sarah Jessica Parker from Sex and the City for the trend. The first time I ever saw that hideousness was on Carrie.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,730,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Finally, we agree on something! HAHA. At least SOME bras should be washed daily, right?

Also, if you (and others) refer to my OP, I do say that I sometimes wear a bra two days in a row, if I didn't get sweaty in it. SO I never actually said bras should be washed every single day, always...just that some people I know don't wash them as frequently as I would find acceptable.

I wouldn't wear a bra more than 2 days without washing, though.
Bras should be washed after use because it's like a incubator for germs. Heat, sweat, dirt are the perfect conditions for germs. You can get rashes and fungus growth easily during warm season. That's how jock itch happens.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:07 AM

1,640 posts, read 796,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Bras should be washed after use because it's like a incubator for germs. Heat, sweat, dirt are the perfect conditions for germs. You can get rashes and fungus growth easily during warm season. That's how jock itch happens.
I've never gotten a rash or fungus from not washing my bra after every use. That doesn't include sports bras, which most people seem to agree that they get washed after every use. I don't think breasts are the same breeding ground like a crotch either (wish there was a better word for that!).

Anyhow, I've also never known a woman to get anything like jock itch anywhere on her body. I'm sure some do as anything is possible, but I've never come across that with any friends.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:23 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,364,775 times
I had no idea that women would wear the same bra twice in a row, or more. That sounds sick if you ask me. Do you wear other under garments for more than a day in a row?

My wife has lots of bras. She says she needs different bras depending on what she is wearing. I can agree with that.

I read a long time ago that the average bra only lasts about 6 to 8 months and that is if you are letting it rest in between wearing it. The elastic can get damaged and when that happens the bra is no good any more. I also read that the average woman needs a minimum of 8 bras per year in their wardrobe.

As for me I had a bra on my car and I just left it on. It looked great and did not cause any kind of discomfort to the car at all. I loved how it looked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty