Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 06:45 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
lol. Im sure there are some that do.

Thats some new trend.

I didnt.
I never put on a leaked in bra. I always washed them. To me it's just like getting food on my clothes. Those would go into the wash straight away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 06:55 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Boob sweat? lkmax, Do you live in a hot, humid climate? I'm in the SF Bay Area and boob sweat is not a thing I experience.
Actually, I do. I live in eastern North Carolina...in the summer, temperatures soar to 90+, sometimes over 100+, and our humidity is so thick that you feel like you can cut it with a knife.

------------------

Re-wearing a leaked-in bra? That is gross. Sour milk?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:56 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I never put on a leaked in bra. I always washed them. To me it's just like getting food on my clothes. Those would go into the wash straight away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Actually, I do. I live in eastern North Carolina...in the summer, temperatures soar to 90+, sometimes over 100+, and our humidity is so thick that you feel like you can cut it with a knife.

------------------

Nursing Pads for the win!

Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:

------------------
It would make sense that you're washing them more often in that type of climate. New England in the winter, OTOH, is dry and cold.

Quote:
Re-wearing a leaked-in bra?
That would get icky real quick. The smell test could be used day 1 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Nursing Pads for the win!
Of course! I'm meaning when they're not worn or have fallen to the side.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:03 PM

Finally, we agree on something! HAHA. At least SOME bras should be washed daily, right?

Also, if you (and others) refer to my OP, I do say that I sometimes wear a bra two days in a row, if I didn't get sweaty in it. SO I never actually said bras should be washed every single day, always...just that some people I know don't wash them as frequently as I would find acceptable.

I wouldn't wear a bra more than 2 days without washing, though.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Finally, we agree on something! HAHA. At least SOME bras should be washed daily, right?

Also, if you (and others) refer to my OP, I do say that I sometimes wear a bra two days in a row, if I didn't get sweaty in it. SO I never actually said bras should be washed every single day, always...just that some people I know don't wash them as frequently as I would find acceptable.

I wouldn't wear a bra more than 2 days without washing, though.
I bet most would agree an article of clothing would do well getting washed if it came into contact with bodily fluids. This thread has given me the heebie-jeebies about my sheets, though. I read an article some months back about bed making and dust mites. That got me washing my sheets quite often.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:25 PM

Yeah. My mom always changed sheets once every two weeks. When I started living on my own, I did it every week because I lived in an apartment with coin laundry, and I did all of my laundry every week, including my sheets. As I started getting older -- and now that I have my own washer and dryer -- I prefer to wash our bedding twice a week.

We don't use a comforter anymore...my husband prefers lighter blankets...that makes it that much easier. I actually have three sets of bedding -- all in coordinating colors of yellow, teal and white -- so I just wash everything off the bed twice a week. It's really not a big deal...it seems like it, but it only takes a couple of minutes to put fresh bedding on and carry the other stuff to the laundry room. The washer and dryer do most of the work anyway...actually, my favorite loads to pull out of the dryer are blankets/sheets or towels, since they're way easier to fold and put away!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:

------------------

And...we have air conditioning.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And...we have air conditioning.
NO WAY!!!! What's that??

Old 05-16-2016, 08:16 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Yeah leaky boob = bra in laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty