Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,856,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
But the real question is: "Is she always alone?", like maybe she's retired. . .
Yup. Haven't we had this same discussion about extremely beautiful women before? A couple of times. I wonder if this extremely beautiful women has a Smart Phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 10:15 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,781,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
.... there is a buzz in the air, you can feel it.
Perhaps you suffer from tinnitus. You should get it checked out! Or maybe there is a live wire down somewhere. They tend to buzz. Or maybe someone's smart phone is stuck on vibrate. That's a buzz too.

On the other hand, yes, the other people in the room DO stop what they are doing to fawn all over me...

Old 02-14-2016, 10:19 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,817,815 times
There is also the other side of the coin where beautiful women don't have many girlfriends because they're afraid that their men will want them instead. Then there's the insecure men that won't ask her out because they feel like she's out of their league.

Being beautiful can be as much of a curse as an asset, especially when you're young.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:47 AM

964 posts, read 996,579 times
There was a woman who could come close to fitting that bill working as a temporary in an office I was in. While very attractive, she was an airhead, and not someone you could have an interesting conversation with. She was also self-centered. After her husband divorced her, she floated from one man to another, as she didn't have any marketable job skills, and had always gotten by on her looks, as I came to learn from a co-worker/friend, who became her friend. Her small son committed suicide some years later, because of her neglect of him.

People are attracted to facades or the hint of glamor, but the person behind that can be full of unpleasant surprises.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,400,471 times
I am not in the least envious of incredibly beautiful women. I stare as inconspicuously as possible and admire. Naturally beautiful women are often self-conscious. It is "not their fault" they were born that way so any hostility or jealousy toward them doesn't make sense. In my opinion women who develop their appearance by artificial means might be more likely to enjoy the admiration. No judgement meant.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
Omg, just ask her out already.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:16 PM

678 posts, read 698,852 times
MY ideal beautiful woman......... Anna Dello Russo At fashion week. not so attractive BUT her style is amazing. THATS BEAUTY!

Old 02-14-2016, 01:04 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,038,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Conversation View Post
Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but if you were to ask 100 people to identify the most physically beautiful woman they had ever seen, MOST people would have picked this woman at work. She is just incredibly beautiful. That is real power in our culture.
But it is fleeting...one day she won't have the looks and few people will even give her the time of day.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:20 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,025,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
There is also the other side of the coin where beautiful women don't have many girlfriends because they're afraid that their men will want them instead. Then there's the insecure men that won't ask her out because they feel like she's out of their league.

Being beautiful can be as much of a curse as an asset, especially when you're young.
Someone I know who was gorgeous in her youth had this problem. Other girls and later, young women, were terribly catty toward her, and she had difficulty making female friends. She also had to overcome others' false perceptions of her as shallow and stupid, when she was actually intelligent, well-educated and hardworking. So while outstanding looks can be an advantage in romantic relationships, there are definite downsides.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM

844 posts, read 1,065,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
But it is fleeting...one day she won't have the looks and few people will even give her the time of day.
Wow, your post comes off a bit catty and uncalled for.
Not to derail the thread honey, but EVERYTHING is fleeting not just looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty